Looking to crank up the HP on a 988 f series 2 serial prefix 2ZR. The machine has a 3408e. Can a rerate be done on this machine buy the dealer? Is there anything that can be done to get a little more power out of it without the dealer? Thanks.
This may require hardware changes but I would say the biggest obstacle will be the ECM flash file. Deciding which one to use is probably a minefiled, then you have the hurdle that the reflash will require an engine rerate. This needs Factory Passords and they don't give them out like free gifts.
My thought was to replace the engine ecm with the ecm from a haul truck that has the same engine. Can that be a plug and play or am I opening up a can of worms?
They thought adding 50 extra H.P. to a dozer where I did a lot of work was a good idea. When it blew up the torque and transmission the next week they found out their engineering was off. Why not do a proper tune up on the motor, save yourself a lot of head aches, and use the machine for what it was designed. Simon C
Without the necessary engine hardware mods (turbos, pistons, etc) personally I would say you could possibly be opening a can of worms that's really best left closed.
I’m not worried about the trans or torque converter coming apart, the torque has the same size components as a 992c. The u joints will handle 15k foot pounds of torque. The only reason we’re considering this is because the rest of the machine is beefy enough to handle it.
My personal experience of 988F Series II machines was that there were plenty of the powertrain components who’s reliability was, let’s say, less than optimum. Either way sticking a truck ECM on it without doing any hardware changes is asking for trouble in my opinion.