Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

99 genie z45/25

guy6189 ยท 2014-11-12 19:48

I recently bought this machine and had to have it towed to my house (rollback) I have finially got all the parts replaced that were robbed from the machine and have it running. However i have turned the (hub Plates) ? over to engage the wheels however still cannot get the machine to move forward or reverse ( my terms may not be correct) Any ideas Also would like to find a used fiberglass cover for the hydrolic tank side any ideas would be great. thanks in advance Guy

Replies7
  1. #1guy61892014-11-12 19:57

    Sorry not sure how to edit thread, here is the serial # if that helps Z-45-011232

  2. #2VoodooMojo2014-11-12 23:33

    Two suggestions and a boatload of questions: Verify the Platform is between the two Non-Steer wheels Yellow Arrow End (rear) of machine. If the Platform is on the Steer End (blue arrow) of the machine it will not drive without pressing the Drive Enable Switch. Verify that the plungers under the free-wheel caps on the torque hubs are not stuck in. They can get rusty and stay in the disengaged position (pushed in) when the caps are reversed. Internal Cumbustion or DC? if Engine, make? (Deutz, Ford, Super Stock Hemi,) 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive? What parts have been replaced? Do ALL the other functions work: Steer Left/Right? Primary Boom Up/Down? Primary Boom Extend/Retract? Secondary Boom Up/Down? Turntable Rotate CW/CCW? Do the functions work at both Upper Controls and Lower Controls? Is the Hydraulic Tank Valve going to the Drive Pump turned On or Off? Please let us know some or all of this info and we'll have you up and running in no-time. Z45 is the most popular Genie Boom. There are over 50,000 of those critters out there!

  3. #3guy61892014-11-13 22:10

    Thanks for the response The Machine is the ford dual fuel engine 4x4 and I have replaced almost all parts that had to do with ignition. All functions seem to work except drive, I was told today that I need to jack up the machine and turn the wheels to engage? after turning the hub plates over. I have not done it yet as I got home after dark. Thanks again for any help

  4. #4guy61892014-11-13 22:12

    One more thing is the decal on the tank talked about on and off valves that need to be turned on, however I cannot locate any valves to turn off or on.

  5. #5VoodooMojo2014-11-13 23:51

    a talking decal and you didn't ask it where the valve was at?

  6. #6VoodooMojo2014-11-14 00:03

    at the bottom of the hydraulic tank there are two rather large hydraulic hoses. One runs to the function pump and one runs to the drive pump. There are (or were at one time) on/off valves located at the tank end of these hoses.

  7. #7guy61892014-11-17 17:41

    Ok there are valves on the tank, they were open and covered in stucco, I now have the tank off and am going to clean it and replace all the filters. Does anyone know of a bone yard where i can maybe get a hydraulic tank and the fiberglass cover from the same side of the machine. I am going to try and clean up the tank however it is dented and may need more than is worth. Thanks again for all your help VoodooMojo