Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’99 Terex SS1048 Sway Not Working

Scotty Brown ยท 2020-12-14 18:42

Hey again everyone. In my quest to get my 99 Terex SS1048 in operating condition I found the sway not working. Everything else in the hydraulic system works well, except the sway (frame leveling). The solenoid valves and coils are both new and working. Removed the sway speed valve and it "looked" clean, but I couldn't tell you what a bad one looked like or how to test it. I'm not getting any fluid pressure. Opened a line coming directly from the control block (valve location) and get nothing but residual fluid from the line. No pressure. I saw a post from a few years ago that mentioned a limiting switch, that's suppose to disengage the rear cylinders (rear lockup) when the boom is too high of an angle. I can't find it on my machine and not sure it's the issue anyway since the fronts don't work either. Boy, do I welcome ANY suggestions on diagnosing this. Thanks again!!

Replies0

No replies yet.