Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie TMZ 34/19 electrical

XXL · 2020-12-06 19:51

Have a TMZ 34/19 that I'm trying to get running ... it used to work but sat for several years. Older model from 1999 - T3499-2## - no circuit boards, just relays. New batteries, horn works, some relay clicks, got some rotation once but not again. Think there's an electrical problem and looking for the ES0209 schematic for this machine. The service manual I found, p/n 52075 Rev C June 2005, doesn't have the schematic for a machine with relays. Thanks for any help.

Replies3
  1. #1Engineer442020-12-07 18:38

    I don’t know about the 1999 but I have a 2002 TMZ 34/19. It had circuit boards when new (there were two versions, green boards and later blue boards) but I upgraded the complete control system with a Genie upgrade kit that is all built with relays. I don’t know if the 1999 originally had a relay based control system or perhaps it was upgraded to relays. The relay based system is all repairable with common parts whereas the circuit boards aren’t field repairable. On an older lift be sure to carefully check all the limit switches. It’s common for them to fail and inhibit operation. I’m pretty sure the relay control system schematic is available for download on Genie’s website.

  2. #2XXL2020-12-08 12:30

    Thanks. No luck on the Genie website so I've emailed tech support.

  3. #3Engineer442020-12-08 16:04

    I have a pdf I downloaded from Genie that is “Parts and service manual supplement”, part # 104980 Rev A, November 2005. That has schematics for a relay system. I don’t know if it’s the same as yours but it would be worth a look.