Hey all, here are a few photos from a recent 993k (Z9K) assembly at a mine site here in the Yukon. The machine was recently overhauled at Butler Cat, shipped to site and assembled with a 150 tonne Liebherr. The job went well, but we did run into an issue installing the boom linkage to the front loader frame. The tilt cylinders must be above the z-bar linkage when the boom is attached to the loader frame. There was not enough clearance to pass the rod end of the retracted cylinder under the boom to engage the z-bar. We ended up having to pull the barrel end tilt cylinder cartridge pins to pass through the boom and repin it all once it was above the linkage. The machine has the high lift option which I believe accounts for the longer tilt cylinder rods but I would have to verify that in SIS. Anyways, my mistake might save someone some cursing in the future. Of course, by the time we got it all together I was sick of looking at the thing and neglected to take a photo of it all assembled. Classic.
Shame you didn't have a haul truck handy. The dump body makes a great support to rest the front end of the lift arm on.......... Installation of the lift cylinder rod end pins on a 994K I helped put together last year.
Awesome! I love those big girls. Handy having that adjustable c-frame lifting bracket as well. Nice piece of kit indeed. Using that haul truck is a heck of a good idea. Got a couple more cool overhauls coming into the shop this week, I'll post some pictures.
That lifting bracket is indeed useful. The pins seem to be getting heavier as I get older.