Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

9×14.5 Tires/Wheels

Deere John ยท 2019-11-17 16:34

Anybody on here have experience with these? I bought a trailer (1991), 12ton, made by Custom Trailers, and it has these tires in tandem duals. They look like mobile home tires. Is there a rim size/tire combo I can change over to that is more modern? Should I be concerned about using this type of tire? The rims are hub pilot, so atleast theres no crazy outside clamping... This is an equipment trailer that will be used a few times a year, all local, no over the highway stuff. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #11693TA2019-11-17 23:39

    Used to be a fairly common size tire on pintle and tag trailers. Not mobile home tires as much heavier built and reliable. My old skid steer trailer had 8.5-14.5 tires on open center rims. Don't know about a more common size myself to use with unimount hubs.

  2. #2Old Doug2019-11-21 18:49

    I have never seen this tire used as a dual i would like to see this. I bought a trailer this summer that has 14.5s. I used 14.5s alot years ago they worked ok but i think i will change axles on this trailer.

  3. #3Jonas3022019-11-21 19:13

    Heavy duty 14.5 are available Not trailer house tires Otherwise will have to measure bolt pattern and see what will fit

  4. #4Deere John2019-12-15 16:08

    Here are the rims https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dexstar-WH...192431?hash=item1cc706bf2f:g:xtQAAOSwa55cE80x

  5. #5Old Doug2019-12-15 19:29

    I wouldnt have ever thought they would have used them as duals. I was thinking about useing mine for a while but i was looking at my tires and there not to good.