Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A/C backhoe anyone got one?

Phil ยท 2008-06-07 06:42

I've only seen 2 in my travels, there can't be many in the country. Has anyone out there run one of these, or has a picture? Curious...Phil

Replies7
  1. #1Reuben2008-06-07 08:39

    Sure we got a couple. Sure is nice to stay cool in that heat...............................................................................................................................................................................................................:falldownlaugh No I have never seen one either. Google it ans see what comes up

  2. #2Buckethead2008-06-07 08:43

    Allis-Chalmers? Do you mean Allis-Chalmers? I have seen 2 that I remember.

  3. #3Phil2008-06-07 17:59

    Yeah, I meant Allis Chalmers Wondered what they were like to run and if they were a lemon or a good machine in their day. Phil

  4. #4Buckethead2008-06-07 19:47

    The one guy I know who ran one said it was a pretty good machine.

  5. #5D3B Dave2008-06-08 01:00

    I own an Allis-Chalmers 715C, one of the last ones made. It has 4100 hrs. with out any major repairs, just some cylinder repacking. The first piece of equipment I ever operated was an A-C 615 gas model, back in the late 60's early 70's. I keep the 715C around as I don't use a TLB much in my business, and I always liked A-C equipment.

  6. #6tuney4432008-06-08 14:59

    My first hoe was an I-600.Basically,a utility tractor with a loader and the hoe could be removed.It seemed every other job it would break down,basically,I thought it was a POS. Still have tons of large drill bits and easy-outs from all the broken bolts.

  7. #7Phil2008-06-09 07:11

    Too bad about your machine tuney443. Thanks for the replies everyone, and the picture D3B Dave, nice looking 715, a piece of history. I like the step too, is it a piece of stainless? Any parts available for the drivetrains? Phil