Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A couple of pics from down under of my work

xrlentau6 ยท 2008-10-14 06:58

While I was on here, heres a couple of photos of the type of work I find myself doing. One is moving about 200 tonne of fill, wasnt bad apart from it was wet and was on the side of a hill, photo doesnt really show how steep it was. Silly job really as the footing contrators dug the fill out put it into a truck and dumped on the next block. Owner then had to get me to move it as they wanted to start building next door. In the end the fill got loaded into trucks twice, and I only had to take it 10 minutes down the road. Dont mind doing it but seems a waste to see people paying more than they should have to because some people dont think about the next step. The other job is one where I put down a base for a shed and a driveway. We have somne pretty big blocks around this way as are on the outskirts of the metro area ( I live in whats a country town) so do a bit of this kind of work.

Replies1
  1. #1CEM2009-03-10 22:48

    Enjoyed your post