Ok, first question, I got some hyd trans fluid, and topped up the hydraulics, and overfilled it, just about to the top. Will that hurt anything? Second is in front of the windshield where you fill it with diesel, and hydraulic fluid, there is a place to put liquid right in the middle. Its not labeled and there is some in the bottom, but I cant tell the color, or what it is by the smell since the diesel and hydraulics are right there. Right after I overfilled the hydraulics, that night she leaked a little bit of fluid out. Do they have a overfill hose that leaks some out if its too full?
If it is a black cap on a large plastic reservoir, it is an aux fuel tank that is simply fed over into the main tank to increase fuel capacity.I was trying to remember if the cab models possibly had a w/s washer reservoir in that area, but can't remember, but for sure some were equipped with the aux tank for fuel. Mel.
only thing i can think of off hand in that area is the brake master cyl. i'm thinking its a little towards the fuel side mounted to the cab wall. they say to fill it with hydraulic oil. as for the hydraulic oil being over filled. if you got a leaker i wouldn't worry too much about it. if it doesn't leak then i'd be a little worried about when everything get warm and it expands, also cylinder position can vary it greatly.
Well I took melbin's advice and filled it with diesel haha. I smelled it again and it smelled really strongly like diesel. The brake master is just a bit to the side, and a little smaller.