Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A new one for the fleet

scraperad ยท 2012-11-11 02:23

Here the latest model I have just completed. Old Cat D6B. Here with the D4 7u scratch built also and the Kit D8H with a few mods. All built to 25th scale.

Replies7
  1. #1HSV1272012-11-11 03:26

    Nice examples!

  2. #2Huntoon2012-11-11 12:58

    :notworthy:drinkup

  3. #3Hjolli2014-03-01 14:00

    Exremely nice! What scale is it and what is it made of?

  4. #4scraperad2014-03-01 17:26

    They are all 1/24-1/25 scale or more accurately 1mm = 1 inch. I are built from mainly evergreen plastic sheets and extrusions with some brass rods and plastic tubing and wire. I have printed the decals out on the computer. The D8H is the original kit with a scratch built angle blade fitted and have shown it with the D4 and D6B to show the relative sizes.

  5. #5Buckethead2014-03-02 15:54

    Wow, the D4 and D6 are scratch built? You're a good modelmaker!

  6. #6scraperad2014-03-02 18:29

    Here some build photos of the D4 and scoop

  7. #7scraperad2014-03-02 18:34

    These photos of the finished D4 and scoop