Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A25C Trans replacement

SlatcoAu ยท 2022-04-04 12:58

Got my new trans installed over the weekend. Things went well and I was driving around yesterday. I do have a question though. The solenoid for the trans retarder (the one mounted on the transmission). One of the lines comes from the retarder pedal and the other I am not sure where it goes. The line cracked and broke and I don't know where it went previously. Any ideas?

Replies11
  1. #1SlatcoAu2022-04-04 17:02

    Pics of re install. THe solenoid I am referring to is the one by the screwdriver in the pic of just the eng/trans

  2. #2sfrs42022-04-05 02:56

    The other one is just an air vent, normally goes up towards the engine bay.

  3. #3SlatcoAu2022-04-05 09:48

    Perfect, that is what I thought when I pulled the line and it just kinda fell out.

  4. #4Shivan Dookeran2022-04-08 22:33

    whats the cost of a replacement trans? im on the search for one for of our trucks

  5. #5John C.2022-04-09 11:31

    I've heard a new one is about a wheel barrel load, used is about half that.

  6. #6SlatcoAu2022-04-11 09:49

    If you are looking for one I would recommend Centranz ( https://centranz.com/ ). They were awesome to deal with and helped with the process of customs/core return. For the A25C it was $13,500USD plus core, plus shipping, plus cleaning or replacing the oil cooler, plus new coolant, engine oil, ATF, plus a whole bunch of other things like hoses that are nearly rubbed through, broken accelerator cables, broken brackets, U joints and whatever else is hidden and then exposed when you pull the eng/trans. I think all in I am around $23,000 (Canadian $).

  7. #7GuzBR1232022-04-14 17:11

    Good evening, I would like to know how the a35c pump box is powered. the item Voe180240-4 is contacted where?

  8. #8GuzBR1232022-04-14 17:13

    Number 41

  9. #9SlatcoAu2022-04-14 17:34

    Not sure what info you are looking for exactly. The pump drive that you have pictured is bolted to the rear of the engine and the gears are driven off the crankshaft. The transmission is then bolted to the flex plate. (Item 10 in your diagram above)

  10. #10SlatcoAu2022-04-14 17:45

    I think this is #41 you asked about.

  11. #11GuzBR1232022-04-15 05:50

    thank you very much, it helped a lot