Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A300 steering

Jrd equipment ยท 2013-03-15 16:29

I have an a300 that has no creep but forward travel pulls right at anything under 1800 rpm and runs prefect at any rpm above 1800. Only in forward and reverse works perfect. Anyone familiar with joystick controls. It has been calibrated multiple times?

Replies8
  1. #1crewchief8882013-03-23 18:34

    it seems to be ok at full throttle, and the problem shows itself only at lower RPM. leaking manifold seals in that drive motor calibration failure have you tried drift compensation adjustments? :drinkup

  2. #2Jrd equipment2013-03-24 17:48

    I think I may have found it on the swash adjustment. I think it may be out and the servo has been adjusted to compensate for the swash. I'll post what I found

  3. #3Jrd equipment2013-03-25 17:50

    So I got everything set perfect but the right hand side is still off a bit at 1600 rpm and under in low and high range. But if I put it in creep mode it works perfect at anything above 80 % at any rpm. It does have a new handle kit as it wouldn't calibrate and it does now. If it was pump or motor it should not work at 80% and up at any rpm

  4. #4crewchief8882013-03-25 18:20

    still a bit off? how much of a mistrack do you have? both directions? or only one direction? :drinkup

  5. #5Jrd equipment2013-03-25 18:32

    Bout 3 feet right for 10 feet forward. Reverse is straight. And in snail mode it's straight when speed is anything above 80

  6. #6crewchief8882013-03-25 18:50

    if drift compensation wont straighten it out, i'd think either a) a sluggish, or unresponsive pump controller b) leaking motor seals :drinkup

  7. #7Jrd equipment2013-03-25 19:24

    Would you have the drift procedure for an older a300 it has the delux panel on the right and older style left side panel

  8. #8crewchief8882013-03-26 16:44

    it should be in the service manual off the top of my head, i cant remember, i dont do enough of them to even try to remember :drinkup