Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

AC 8070 fwd

southernman13 · 2022-01-17 11:22

Got a friend looking at one. They’re saying it will only go on reverse when it’s cold. When it warms up it won’t back up. Goes through all the gears fine. Any ideas. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1ahart2022-01-25 11:28

    Does this tractor have a powershift transmission? Sounds like there’s a clutch pack that’s leaking once the oil warms up. Should be able to put a pressure gauge on the valve body and check the clutch pressure on the reverse directional clutch to confirm.

  2. #2southernman132022-01-25 14:26

    Idk on the trany. I’m asking for a friend and haven’t seen the tractor. He’s investigating trying to get a broad idea of what it’s gonna take to repair it. He hasn’t purchased it yet

  3. #3ahart2022-01-25 14:28

    Last powershift I replaced in an allis was 20k

  4. #4southernman132022-01-25 17:54

    Oh man. Now that’s tooo much fo me!! I’ll let him know

  5. #5southernman132022-02-06 08:56

    He confirmed this is a power shift machine. Supposedly it only has like 2100 hrs on it

  6. #61693TA2022-02-06 09:11

    We have one in the shop now. The powershift in these is known for the front nut coming loose and destroying things. $20K is about right if the case needs bored and sleeved which is what they require when this happens. Fine transmission when it works but much has been discontinued from AGCO.

  7. #7southernman132022-02-06 09:15

    Tenfo. Good info there. I’ll pass it along. Thanks!!