I wish to replace the bushings and pin that hold the thumb on my ECR58D. VOE14556315 is the pin, Volvo wants $166 for it and as far as I can tell its just a 45mm pin like my Cat used. The bushings however...Holy Moly VOE14524136 $135 a pop and I need 2. Jeez guys.... it's a bushing.... What is so Special about the Volvo Bushing that warrants a price like that?
They are "ce" rated lol....and they come here on a luxury cruise....
Depends if it's a regular bushing or one of the oil impregnated ones. I know for my 6 ton I had new main pin made at machine shop and it was $200 and that was before prices went crazy. IIRC each bushing was like $50, but just regular ones takeuchi price was actually cheaper then machine shop. You could get them made up and should be at least a fair bit cheaper.
Are you sure on that pin part number? reason I ask is that pin part number is the bucket to dipper arm pin for no bucket. where as the the option with a thumb is 11809027 which is a very different pin ( see the two parts drawings) the bushings are the right number though. If your willing to go aftermarket there is a lot better deals out there. In the UK I can more than half that bush price and almost half on the pin part number you have there.
SFRS4; Sorry for the late reply. Your diagram is for an ECR35D, My machine is an ECR58D. Also - my machine has a TAG MFG brand thumb instead of a Volvo brand. As a result, the Volvo pin listed for the ECR58D with thumb is not long enough to match the heavy duty TAG thumb width. TAG will manufacture to order a pin for my machine. OR (as I did) I can go to a local Hydraulic cylinder manufacturer, fetch an 18" drop made out of some really heavy heat treated 45mm stock (used to make hydraulic rams) and bam my neighbor's machine shop will handle the rest.
I had a tag thumb on my machine, for a pin I did that same thing just get a piece of cylinder rod to length, weld end cap on one side, tap other side and bolt on end cap.
The drawing is of a ECR35D the drawing was for reference but the information I gave is still correct for a Volvo application the pin you listed 14556315 is indeed shorter than the one I listed 11809027 hence me asking the question. but you are sorted so it doesn't matter anyway.
Your second option, I believe, will be more appropriate. For this, I prefer to use a local hydraulic cylinder manufacturer. This could be a cost-effective strategy. When I was in a similar situation, I used the same method.
To answer the question bushings can be expensive, the pin is a pretty basic hunk of metal, I have bought a long 45mm pin from caterpiller before, think it fit a loader, and manufactured a shorter pin.