Here is a youtube link of the Acco super Dozer being shifted to new location. There are more acco video's than this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhGt73FH5aM
Very cool, nice find! I was kinda thinking for a while there that I would never see that thing get out from under it's shed, let alone under it's own power! Thanks for sharing the video.
That thing was pretty cool, nice share. How close is that to being the biggest dozer in the world? Think it's top 10?
http://www.vincelewis.net/acco.html
What a treat to see the ACCO moving under its own power after all these years in storage. It would be even better to get to see it tuned and pushing some dirt.
Not sure, but I think I read somewhere it runs Berco tracks.
Whats this Super Dozer? that's a old D10 modified? Mike Nebergall
That would be neat, I wonder if it has even ever had it's blade get dirty!
But it seems so clumsy and awkward. I wonder whether it can and repainted and restored to its original condition. And btw do you think it can push down a sequoia tree?
Looks like they parked it under an overpass.
We realize a video for the transport of the Acco Dozer http://youtu.be/q5fwggXg1EY If you want to see more photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/accodozer And the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AccoDozer Yes, watch this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/accodozer/7494821336/in/set-72157630404839770
Acco Now that is cool!!!Those Italians can build stuff too!!!And yes we have had good luck with Berco!
Great photos and video, thanks for posting them!
Thanks for the congatulations! In the next weeks we would like to meet with Acco Dozer owner and builder. Which question and/or curiosity do you have to satisfy? Write them below and we'll try to have the answers! CLICK I LIKE on Facebook page Acco Dozer: https://www.facebook.com/AccoDozer
I thought the builder had passed away? would be interested to know how the upper and lower drives work, also what transmissions it runs and how they are set up.
First thing I noted was kudos to the lowboy driver. That journey must have been more than a bit complex what with the narrow streets and all the junctions & roundabouts to negotiate. To be fair I'd guess the Faymonville steerable bogie he had under the Acco helped more than a little bit. Reversing it into that driveway was a work of art. And all done with a single hi-vis vest on sight....!! Got to love Italians.... A coupld of comments about the tractor, even bearing in mind how long ago it was built: - 1. The operator platform seems awful dated and I thought the steering clutch/brake controls were too far away from the operator's seat. 2. Would anybody fancy working on the inside cylinder head of either of those 2 engines..? 3. Note that the track shoes were fabricated rather than forged. I wonder how they would have held up in service..? All in all an impressive machine ..... it would be a shame to see it scrapped.
C,mon Nige, working on that would be a cake walk compared to a D90 drill! Looking at the tracks i would suggest the links would be a bigger issue than the shoes, links only look D10 size and none PPR so based on what i recall from D10 links in the mid to late 80,s i reckon there would have been dramas with these on the big girl. Tell you what if anyone knows where one of those rocker covers is then let me know, got a great display idea for one.
D90 - Wash your mouth out with soap young man. Don't even go there ...!! Ours were repowered with 3516's for the altitude in the Andes., think what a tight fit that was.