Looking for Allis HD16DC parts tractor. Prefer S/E-U.S. All local tractors have gone to scrap. Also, looking for blade arms or "C" frame to build up a "V' shear blade that came off a d7 cable. Thanks! Forrest.
Not in the SE, but I know of an HD16 in central IA. Looked at it a few years ago and it's probably still there...didn't think I wanted to take the time to get it going. It was complete but had been sitting for a while and I think one reverse gear wasn't working.
Maybe look on the Historical Construction Equipment Association forum. (HCEA ) http://forum.hcea.net/forums/index.php It's a club of people who love old machines. Many of them own old machines. I think that's your best bet for finding old tractors and attachments. Hope this helps.
The older HD 16 dozers are getting hard to find.Same story in my area most older and some newer equipment heads to the scrap yard as soon as something major go's wrong whith it.I only see one on www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8428227& As for mounting the shear blade try finding a C-frame for a cat D7E that will fit the shear blade then fabricate/adapt as needed at the dozer blade arm trunnions.I had to do this on my 16-B Fiat to mount the Rome K/G blade.The K/G blade was made for a Cat D7E ,I cut the cat trunnion saddle off the blade arm and replaced it with an IH TD 20 saddle that I had on hand in the yard & welded the TD20 mounting plates right in front of the Fiat-Allis trunnions. So when not using the K/G blade I unbolt the TD20 trunnions as they would be in the way of the blade arms for the simi/U blade.I also had to spread / wishbone the cat c-frame abit for track clearence.Seems to fit good & work fine. Good luck on your project fjdrill.
Asked about the HD16 I saw a few years ago...supposedly it will still run but hasn't been used in 5-6 years. One reverse gear wasn't working and I was told today that the steering clutches or brakes were weak making it very hard steering. (lots of brake pedal pressure). About 6 years ago I was offered the machine for $5000 but I passed on it.
D6c10K, was that HD16 a power shift or manual? Also, hyd Blade? Going to run down a lead on a hd16 in n alabama this weekend. I found three hd11's in ky w/cable plows. The man that has them said that he might have blade to fit a 16 (I've got to go look @) td25c I like your blade set-up! By the way there is a 25000mkIII engine on ebay for $2500 or B/O. I saw a F/A Hd16,I had been watching get away-It and a parts machine sold to the scrapers for 3K$. I guess that's what happens when you die and no one cares about your stuff. Thanks! Forrest
It was powershift (2 fwd/2 rev) and hyd blade. The undercarriage was fair as I remember...grousers had weld-on bars, but wasn't the best welding job. I think it has a towing winch on back too. The guy that owns it used to plow in quite a bit of cable and there were a couple of Fiat machines there too...at least one with a cable plow. Neither was in very good condition. What I would have like to have gotten was the D8 he had but it was gone before I had a chance at it. BTW, I know of one junk yard that had a burned Fiat (model?)...nothing much of use on the tractor, not even the tracks (melted out the oil plugs in the pins) but the blade was laying off to the side. Looked to be about a D7 or D8 size blade.
Try Fresno Tractor out here in Central Cali. I know he has about 10 AC HD16 and HD 21's sitting out in his yard. I think one of them even has a C-frame on it. I dont have the phone number but if you google Fresno Tractor Inc. you should be able to find it. Hope that helps