Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Acquired a bucket today

roadrunner81 ยท 2010-11-20 00:09

Picked up this guy from a local lumber company. It was attached to an old American excavator that looks like they used for loading logs. I meant to take pics but forgot the camera. I had asked about bottom rollers and was told if they fit to grab them, so Ill end up going to see the American again. I'll be sure tograb some pics before she gets cut up.

Replies3
  1. #1roadrunner812010-11-20 00:15

    The plan is to put this on my UH10. This bucket is 2" taller from pin center to tooth tip and the ears are 14" apart. I'll cut the ears off and move each one 1 1/8" farther apart and should be ready to dig. Bucket is 2YD

  2. #2ddigger2010-11-20 01:22

    looks like a good score.

  3. #3roadrunner812010-12-07 09:00

    Welding rod What welding rod do you guys suggest for welding the bucket ears back on. Ears are 2" thick and will be welding from both sides with a 250-300 amp welder doing multiple passes. I seem to remember 6010 and 7018 from several other threads. I've got a bit of 6011 laying around. Thanks Also posting some pics of parted machine for those of you interested, probably should be posted in the old iron section but oh well. American 35A