Does anyone have a generic sign on name and password that would work on the kobelco dealer portal .Tried to call dealer but that is waste time.
Those passwords are dealer specific and are even changed from time to time. A dealer will not allow access with their password because most all dealer business is conducted thur that portal..... warranty, sales info, service updates, etc. what kind of info are you looking for?
access to service manual and machine info like sevice update .I work for a large rental company and we don't even have access to this info.We have access to Jlg ,Genie .Sullair and many others but not this one .
There is no way a dealer will release that information to you. I work for a Case dealer and if I ever gave out my portal password I'd lose my job. The dealer portal is an access for all kinds of companies not just Case or Kobelco. With a portal password you can access warranty information, updates, and you can send emails, questions to tech department, engineering , finance, advertising, etc. The one thing you cannot access is service manuals since they are already at the dealership. The only thing that might be there for service are update bulletins.
you can access Kobelco parts without the password. Outside of warranty info and service updates there is nothing on the dealer portal for you. As a rental company you guys buy your machines directly from Kobelco and bypass the dealer network. Kobelco has a national sales rep who sole job is dealing with direct sales. I suggest you contact him. Every new Kobelco your received should of came with both a parts and operators manual. At the Kobelco dealer I just left we did not even do warranty work on direct sales machines.
I am not tring to get anyone in trouble just let you guys know.I will have to contact our national service rep.Thanks everyone for the info .It just makes it so hard when you are on the road with no manuals for it.Have not even seen them at the shop.The higher powers never got them.
Generally if you have an account to purchase parts, the dealer will provide you access to parts books for that machine. You should call the parts department and ask if that is available. If not then you should consider that as a negotiating point in the next purchase of a machine.
No password is needed to access Kobelco parts book online.
motrack I have used the parts look up catalogs.They good and easy to use.
i haven't messed with the online parts too much, i have a paper copy, but can an owner order parts online? this would save time and maybe the dealers markup if it'd come direct from kobelco. thanks!
Kobelco will not sell you parts directly.
hi tool king, it sounds as if you are looking for the availability to feed off of information that is learned "the ins and outs" or "common problems" on particular models and such that a kobelco dealership is aware of. yes, some of this information can be found looking on the dealer portal but that information has been grouped libraried from the dealership experiences. what you need is a library of manuals (shop manuals) at your disposal inhouse. now that can get expensive approx. $ 500-600.00 per model. or purchasing of a servicemans handbook covering the specific generations of machines that are in your fleet. might be cheaper for you. as was mentioned earlier, use as leverage when purchasing another kobelco for your fleet the inclusion of a complete shop manual also to be sent along with it too as part of the deal. if you require a technical contact person to run any unusual issues by, i can offer that support. to be that person i would require a list of your kobelco's. model, serial number, engine model and serial number, cpu version, and a digital picture of the machine and cab layout to know exactly the options your machine has included, such as if the machine has a hyd pin grabber, nibbler/breaker hyd, aux hyd system electric hand or pilot foot controls, factory pattern changer, etc... primary e-mail: [email protected] cheers! Adam Fairchild, a.k.a. Mr. Kobelco C.F.P.S. (Certified Fluid Power Specialist) http://www.ifps.org/ Electro-Mechanical-Automation & Robotics Engineering Technician Hydraulic & Pneumatic Engineering Technician Parts & Service Manager Robert Green Equipment Sales Ltd. 41 Cardico Drive, P.O. Box 128 Gormley, Ontario Canada L0H 1G0 ph: (905) 888-9070 fax: (905) 888-9013 mobile: (416) 896-2442 Home mailing address: 56 Brooking Street Bowmanville, Ontario Canada L1C 5L5 home phone: (905) 697-9626 primary e-mail: [email protected] Facebook Group: Kobelco Hydraulic Excavators Link; http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=126868410693215 Facebook Group: MDI/Yutani Hydraulic Excavators Link; http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=145542265470370 secondary e-mail: [email protected] ROBERT GREEN EQUIPMENT SALES LTD. http://www.robertgreenequipment.com KOBELCO http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/Pages/homepage.aspx KOBELCO & MDI/YUTANI CUSTOMER ONLINE PARTS CATALOG (OPC) http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx HULTDINS http://www.hultdins.com/ INDEXATOR ROTOTILT http://www.indexatornorthamerica.com/
i see
Hi Mr.Kobelco That you for help to offer .I will let you know if I run into jam.You know how big corporate works.Buy machines worry about manuals later. I used to work for a dealer in south jersey .But I was never set up with that sign on.And was wondering if their was a way to set it up with limited access to the site .Would Kobelco be able to do that or the dealer?It just would be nice to be able to just look something up with out have to bother some esle for something so small . THANKS ED
I was done posting in this thread but realize you just dont "get it". You as a rental company have ONE person you need call who will shower you with manuals and info......... Call your Kobelco national sales rep. Its his job to hand hold you rental companys and you buy Kobelcos at less than dealer cost as a result. I spent years losing money doing warranty work and performing PDIs on machines you bought direct screwing us dealers then you have the balls to ask for our help when you have a 800 phone number. MY rant is over but now you understand why I hate rental companys and national accounts.
bobcats dealer portal has master password acces for all machines tech support new machine preview and some prototype equipment pics and articles
Motrack Why are you getting all bent out of shape."I spent years losing money doing warranty work and performing PDIs on machines you bought direct screwing us dealers then you have the balls to ask for our help when you have a 800 phone number.'' It is not the rental companies fault .It is the manufactors that all make the deal with them.Some dealers think they have you by the balls.Will not tell the info you need.Don't get my wrong their are some great dealers out their. I used to work for a dealer also and screwed.Was also being laid off right before Thanksgiving with four guy under me with lestime in the field. I have called my national rep He is working on it to see what can be done. I was just look for help with to make life easier not harder.Don't take this wrong way .