Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

add a stick

thebig450es ยท 2010-11-12 00:19

Anyone know who makes them for a PC50uu-1? how much would i gain for the price

Replies19
  1. #1thebig450es2010-11-16 12:28

    I found someone on ebay said they could make a 6 foot extension for $5000 with universal quick connect on it

  2. #2joispoi2010-11-16 14:55

    You might want to figure out how much you'll be able to lift with the extension before shelling out $5k. Maybe the money would be better spent on a bigger machine?

  3. #3thebig450es2010-11-16 15:17

    6 Feet on a 50 sized machine is pretty singifincant, if i could dig 8 to 10 foot ditches with out moving as much , and i could still fit into tight spaces. My biggest concern is what my lifting and digging power would be.

  4. #4BLconst2011-01-05 00:22

    Anyone know of company that makes aftermarket extanda-hoe, add a stick or long stick for bobcat 331g. I need an extra foot or 2 sometimes.

  5. #5bobcatmechanic2011-01-05 00:33

    does bobcat still offer that option from the dealer ship just curios dont know? if so what is the price it would be the stick lines and a valve to add it.

  6. #6nobull12011-01-05 01:07

    I suppose you could do the math and figure out how much more you could lift, lots of figuring though. My thought is the OEM is probably quite near what it can do with safety taken into consideration. Myself I would not spend $5000.00 and take the chance of the additional reach could tip or not be able to lift the weight. I would take the money and put it with your machine and trade up, "IF" that reach is that important. Just remember whatever you buy there will be times that you would like to have a larger machine. You just have to decide if it happens enough to justify the added expense.

  7. #7xcmark2011-01-05 06:44

    there has been a PC-50 forsale in Rowley Mass , posted every where from craigslist to Ebay. under 3000 hour with a factory 22' long stick/boom and added counter weight. The owner cant get $11,500 for it , I feel its because it just wouldnt have any digging power that it only use will be cleaning rain ditches and mucking out ponds. Digging into virgin hard soil with a 10,000~11,000 lb unit with 22' of stick is going to be very hard to dip in and pull out a full bucket

  8. #8maddog2011-01-05 08:31

    Xcmark; I have seen that add many times and also wondered the same thing. The machine seems to be in nice shape, and the extra reach would be nice BUT at what cost?????

  9. #9strott2011-01-05 14:31

    There is also a chance that the machine doesn't lack the power to pull a full bucket but in hard rocky ground it could twist the dipper e.t.c especially in less sympathetic hands, so any possible purchasers would only really be able to run it as an owner operator setup rather than on a fleet.

  10. #10tootalltimmy2011-01-06 02:08

    How about a Hitachi with an extend-a-hoe? How do those work? Would be a better option if it is durable.

  11. #11joispoi2011-01-06 03:01

    That's a side-shift boom, not an extend-a-hoe. An extend-a-hoe dipper would be a good idea if it weren't for all the extra weight that it would add.

  12. #12tootalltimmy2011-01-06 10:34

    Oops. I did a search for extend-a-hoe last night and didn't look at the picture very closely. How about this one? EX55UR-3 HITACHI

  13. #13strott2011-01-06 14:21

    ^^Thats better!!^^ Still got a side shift boom aswell. Lots of extra linkages and hydraulic rams to add weight before you stick an extendable arm on!!

  14. #14JD450A2011-01-06 15:22

    Right, I figure I better chip in as we've moved onto something I understand. We brought a Takeuchi TB015 Extendahoe machine about 4 + Years ago. And whilst there apsolute golddust to find. They are worth there weight in gold. (I don't know If takeuchi did extendahoes for larger diggers but a short time after we brought ours we contacted a Dealer who had just sold 2 Extending Dippers for TB015's dirt cheap because no one wanted them) As far as performance. The takeuchi is as stable as the standard machine until you fully extend. Then you have to be abit careful, paticularly with a full grading bucket. although with a trenching bucket you would'nt notice it. I don't seem to notice the machines too much heavier. But the reach of a 3 tonner on a 1.5 ton excavator is brilliant. As for Digging ability. A little while ago I layed 3 water pipes 1m deep in clay/Demolition rubble (see Pic). Apsolute gem of a machine for it. Certianly would reccomend a machine like it. (Takeuchi Do NOT reccomend trying to excavate underwater or in Hard ground with the extendahoe. And nor do I) Ps - I have seen 7 - 8 ton Komatsu Diggers with an extendahoe. However these diggers seem to only have a gimmic extendahoe that gives you a couple extra feet.

  15. #15Nac2011-01-06 17:36

    Got a link would like to see it

  16. #16245dlc2011-01-06 21:18

    I found this video of an extended reach mini-excavator. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MTvchYve4

  17. #17maddog2011-01-07 08:15

    245dlc; that looks like those cheaper attachments one might use on a skidsteer.

  18. #18245dlc2011-01-07 18:46

    Yeah it does look like one of those wanna be backhoe attachments.

  19. #19thebig450es2011-01-08 02:07

    Something like that may be a good option for some jobs, as seen in the vid. it added about 3? feet of digging depth but with a much smaller bucket