Hey guys new guy here, I just bought a 2007 Case CX80 and want to install a hyd thumb, but the machine is only plumbed for one-way hyd, It has the 3rd pedal for hydraulics, but no valve to select 2-way flow. So my question is, has anyone added the valve, and if so, how much was it, and was it a kit or did you piece it together ur self? Thanks Richie
From what I can see in parts drawings the add on items are hoses, fittings and possibly 3 ported manifold assemblies. One of the manifolds looks to be a flow combiner valve and the other could be a pilot pressure reducer for controlling flow between attachment mode selections. There is a 3 way valve and high flow filter installed next to the top of the control valve for switching between single and double acting. Did not see any kits sets but here is a link that has pricing selected with a Pennsylvania dealer https://www.mycnhstore.com/us/en/ca...56875BD6/A5DA6496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6
Thanks I saw the one valve was 1k but i didn't know what else was needed, I was hoping someone on hear had done it before and could tell me cost and what all parts were needed.
I would call a local dealer with your serial number so they can confirm you do or don’t have the ability to use two way hydraulics on the machine already before going through all the trouble of trying to figure out what you need. Also, if you don’t have the valving, it may be cheaper to go through an aftermarket company like HKX.
I have looked everywhere and see no valve to switch so we're certain it doesn't have it, also I got a guote from HCK and it was 3800$
Are you talking about a hydraulic valve flow control valve? See if there are any product photos
Richie. I use a 2008 cx75 which possibly is similar. I faced similar situation with it. Mine had two separate pedals mounted on the cab floor, but only a hammer line running down to the dipper, with one way flow only. When we pulled all panels/valve bank covers, it turns out that the pedal for the hammer only had one pilot hose going from it to the main valve - the slice on main valve was two way but the 2nd half was capped off. The return from hammer ran back to a large filter sitting there next to the valve To make this circuit two way, we installed a pilot hose from the un-used side of the hammer pedal through to the main valve. (There is a pilot pressure manifold with a spare port right near the pedal, under cab floor) Then we took return hose of hammer line off of the hammer return filter and made a short extension hose to go to the side of the main valve that was capped off. We didn't need the hammer one way, just a rotate circuit, if we wanted both we'd have to have fitted some kind of changeover valve instead of this extension hose. The left hand pedal on the floor which didn't seem to do anything, was fully plumbed with pilot hoses up to another whole slice (capped off) on the main valve. Didn't see this originally til we grew accustomed to it all, turned out we could have left the hammer circuit as was and used this extra slice... Hopefully this speil ^ is helpful, but I would advise taking off all covers and having a dust off and trace all your hoses, you may have similar to ours and stuff on there to work with.
There is this type of conversion valve, but it is used to control the positive and reverse hand conversion, not for model. I don't know if it is suitable for you.
^^^^^^ Can you send me the specs for that valve please? It looks like a manually operated priority valve and I may be able to use it for a dozer/snowplow application, also the cost please. Thank You AlanD
It is installed on the distribution valve, which is used to assist drivers with different driving habits and to operate the left rear free switching. This set of equipment costs $90 and includes 4 oil pipes and 8 connectors.
What does it do? Switch 2 ports to the other 2 ports. I am looking for a valve for hydraulics that can manually switch from 2 ports to 2 other ports. On my new to me dozer blade, I want full hydraulic pressure, regulated by the auxiliary hydraulic pressure relief valve and to move a lever to to hydraulic pressure dictated by a cushion valve, with its own pressure relief valve, set much lower. Therefore, I want full power then manually change to 1/4 power.
It is an auxiliary forward and reverse hand switching valve, which is used to connect the switching valve between the joystick and the distribution valve. The left joystick rotates left and right to raise and lower the forearm, which is called forward hand, and the left joystick rotates up and down to raise and lower the forearm, which is called reverse hand. Its function is to switch forward and reverse hand with one key, which is applicable to drivers with different operating habits. It seems that its function is also suitable for your machine
Thanks John I will investigate that a lot more , my machine does have 2 extra pedals however the left one controls the boom swing. And my machine has a quick couple and whoever installed it plumed it into the reward function of the right pedal, so pushing the right pedal forward controlled the hammer circuit and then pressing the quick coupler unlocked button on the dash and rocking the pedal rearward unlocked the quick coupler. So obviously if I convert this machine to 2 way flow I would have to redo that plumbing in order to use the rearward function of the pedal.
That's interesting, not come across quick hitch operated from hammer pedal 2nd side. The ones I've used have been tied in to bucket crowd somehow.
Yeah that's how must of the ones I have been around were too
I need to buy one of those even if I don't use it. I never saw anything from any equipment manufacturer for $90! I may buy two of them for that price.