Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Calibrate a EPPR in a Hyundai excavator

josejma11 · 2025-06-27 19:14

Hi I would like to know if someone know how to calibrate the Eppr valve in a Hyundai HX140. I read the service manual and need to decrease the pressure to meet the specification. Is like the Cat's excavator with the monitor or I need to use the bolt in the solenoid. Also if it's adjusted with the bolt which side (clockwise or counterclockwise) would decrease the pressure. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Kobe Steel2025-06-28 16:44

    I would suggest using the monitor to adjust the pressure output to Hyundai's testing specification. The adjustment screw is not something that is usually altered and you would need the specific mapping of the solenoids input current versus output pressure along with its dead band area to set its correct screw adjustment. Winding the screw clockwise would usually increase the pressure output on a normally closed type spool configuration.

  2. #2josejma112025-07-07 18:18

    Thanks. But I'm getting 18.1 bar of pressure with the bucket in the release position (load) and the autodecel off, it should be between 10 and 16 bar according to the service manual but it just says to adjust it and doesn't specify the way to do it.

  3. #3josejma112025-07-07 18:48

    Also I'm suspecting the drain line could be cloaged. Could that increase the pressure of the EPPR?

  4. #4Yurok2025-07-08 00:27

    Серия hx имеет несколько версий, какая модель вашего экскаватора? HX140A L, HX140L, HX140LC, HX140LT3?

  5. #5josejma112025-07-10 17:18

    Hx140L with a Cummins QSF3.8

  6. #6Yurok2025-07-12 01:13

    I think the car is fine. Measurements for adjustment do not need to be taken under load. Your pressure increases under load due to a slight drop in engine speed