Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding 3rd aux for coupler.

keif · 2024-01-05 12:30

I bought a used engcon and I need to add a 3rd aux to my tb260 for the coupler. Do yall have any recommendations? I talked to my sales rep to see if Tak has a 3rd aux kit but haven't heard back yet. I would like to be able to couple and decouple in any position(not just at full curl like some systems) I bought the Engcon ec206 with 3 buckets, a brush and a set of pallet forks. Really looking forward to working with it.

Replies12
  1. #1KSSS2024-01-06 00:46

    I am sure that Taki has a kit for that. My 257 has two aux couplers plus another for the aux coupler. Its about the same size machine.

  2. #2keif2024-01-09 11:36

    My dealer is working on putting it together, just slower than I would like.

  3. #3KSSS2024-01-09 11:48

    I am curious if you don't mind sharing, what did you pay for the Engcon?

  4. #4keif2024-01-09 12:14

    It was right about 15k. It's a 2019 ec206 with pallet forks, brush, 18"bucket, 24"bucket and a 44" engcon scandi bucket. I thought the quick coupler valve stuff was made into the unit but it just came with the warning light/buzzer that goes off when uncoupled. It has some play so I'll need to put 500-1k more into rebuilding it. I'm still very happy since my local friendly engcon dealer quoted me almost 80k for the some setup

  5. #5KSSS2024-01-09 15:02

    80K for an Engcon of that size? Thats insane, not even close to market value. Who is going to buy an Engcon that costs 1.5-2X the cost of the excavator itself?

  6. #6keif2024-01-09 15:09

    Yeah, $$$! I was expecting maybe half that for the package so I started searching used. To be fair the 80k included the installation and I think a new 260 is about 90-100k these days.

  7. #7keif2024-01-10 15:07

    Looks like my Takeuchi dealer installs a Strickland coupler kit, not oem parts. Still waiting on the price for it.

  8. #8KSSS2024-01-10 18:55

    Strickland is the Takeuchi supplier for hyd. coupler, they also supply buckets for them. Its not your dealers doing, Strickland is OEM. I have the Strickland on my 257. I ordered it from the factory with the hyd coupler.

  9. #9keif2024-01-10 19:02

    Can you uncouple in any position? Or do you have to curl the bucket all the way in order for it to activate. Re: strickland, Awesome. Most of the taks ive seem around here have TAG buckets and couplers(most wayne Roy/but a couple hydraulic) The machine i bought from Colorado had a work brau manual.

  10. #10KSSS2024-01-11 18:02

    You depress a button on the floor by your right foot, depress trigger on left handle and you have to rotate coupler in either direction to force it to go over relief. I have about 800 hours on it and so far, it works well. I will pass this along. I sold my old TB153 with the 2' bucket and just for simplicity I ordered a Strickland 2' when I ordered the machine. The 2' Strickland was noticably smaller capacity than the 2' Werk Brau bucket I had. After learning that, I made the dealer swap out the Strickland for another WB bucket. Just a heads up in case you order the Strickland bucket. I would check your getting the capacity in the bucket you want.

  11. #11keif2024-03-01 19:23

    I ended up ordering a machine side kit from Engcon. Was cheaper than the Strickland, it uses the sensor in coupler to verify proper lock and you can lock/unlock the coupler without the stupid to full curl the bucket. Just waiting on it now.

  12. #12keif2024-03-06 09:27

    Got the Engcon kit. Gotta get a bunch of lines made and cram it it there. Wasn’t expecting it to have a nitrogen accumulator.