Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newbie member of cat 307ssr! Club

Ironmonger · 2024-01-04 23:09

Where is the hydraulic tank and how do I check the level. Much appreciated

Replies14
  1. #1Ironmonger2024-01-04 23:13

    Oh and where is the track adjustment.specs on adjusting?thanks

  2. #2Nige2024-01-05 10:42

    First & foremost you need an Operation & Maintenance Manual. What's the Serial Number.? Even before you answer I have a baaaad feeling because if it's the 307 SSR we've dealt with on here before it is a grey market machine and there are no English manuals for it.

  3. #3Ironmonger2024-01-05 21:47

    I’m figuring as much. Has anybody gotten the Japanese Manual or parts manual. Does it have nice pictures? I do happen to know somebody who could translate. It is a solid machine with only 3.500 hrs on it. Just want to check the hydro fluid and stuff

  4. #4Nige2024-01-05 21:52

    The best I can suggest to you at this moment is to click this LINK . It lists all the threads that have appeared on the forum over the years where the subject of the 307SSR has come up. You will find lots of useful snippets, including a method to translate Japanese to English from a photo. BTW the Japanese Parts Manual has understandable illustrations and "English" Part Numbers so it's fairly intelligible.

  5. #5Ironmonger2024-01-05 22:02

    Nige, thanks. Have you seen the operation manual? Is it worth getting? I’ll get the parts Manuel to start

  6. #6Nige2024-01-05 22:16

    I can't recall having come across an O&M Manual, even a Japanese one. Let me refresh my memory by having another look though. Try some of the threads I linked above. There may be something obscure in one of them that I have forgotten. As (I think) @willie59 said in one thread, walk into a Cat dealer and ask for any sort of info on a 307SSR and the most likely thing to happen is that they'll look at you like you've grown a second head. That's why having the Parts Manual at the very least is so important - you can ask for parts by OEM Part Number without having to mention a model.

  7. #7Nige2024-01-05 23:15

    Try HERE for 307SSR manuals. I would suggest to contact them first and ask if the manuals are in English or Japanese before parting with any money. BTW I am assuming that your machine is a 2FL-prefix. The link I posted earlier does not seem to want to work. Copy & paste the following into your Google Search bar "307SSR site: HeavyEquipmentForums "

  8. #8LACHAU2024-01-06 09:46

    I suggest you visit this site and try to search with "2WM" prefix https://catpublications.com/en-US/Search/TokenSearch#

  9. #9LACHAU2024-01-06 10:08

    Hope that can help you a little

  10. #10Nige2024-01-06 10:29

    It would seem that there are potentially other options. I have found a number of service publications that refer to various 307 models all in the same document. One was titled - " Screen Filter Added In Pilot Lines Group To Increase Reliability". Although the 307SSR lives in a class of its own there are three other 307 models that are always mentioned in the same service articles - 9ZL, 2PM, & 2WM. It is my considered opinion (take that for what its worth) that service, operation, & maintenance information for any of the three 307 models should be close to, if not identical, to a 2FL machine with the possible exception of the engine. The one major difference is parts. The swing boom on the 307SSR makes it unique therefore you would need a Parts Manual for a 2FL machine. However, as discussed earlier, they are available from Cat even if the downside is that they are in Japanese.

  11. #11Ironmonger2024-01-07 08:57

    Absolutely wonderful!! This seems to be my machine. So grateful for your input. I’ll get a parts Manuel and thi will give me something to work with. You are the best

  12. #12Nige2024-01-07 13:34

    Just to give you an idea, this is what the pages of a Japanese Parts Manual look like.

  13. #13Jakes cat2024-12-01 16:24

    I have a cat 307ssr and am wondering the same thing, how did u check the hydraulic level

  14. #14Nige2024-12-01 16:29

    See attached.