I would like to add AC to my 943 . My first thought was aftermarket like red dot or artic wolf but I got to thinking I might be able to buy used parts from a dismantled machine and recondition them and install them on my machine. It has the cab of course and the blow and duct work. I can't see it being to much of a chore to do this. Just curious if anyone has tried to do this and what were the results.
I would think finding all the parts for a 943 that are in working order would be feat. Don't remember what year the 943 was discontinued but it's been a while. One of the aftermarket systems will be cheaper and easier to install IMO.
CM , my plan was to get the evaporator and install it like oem , and get the compressor mounts , get a new compressor and here's the kicker , I want to get an oversize condenser that mounts like the factory one. DTAC has them. I have tinkered with ac systems for a few years now , I put an ac unit in my old dump off a custom van. Got the rear unit complete with blower and evap coil. A condenser off a 84 Cadillac sedan de ville . It worked , would blow 60 degree air on a 95 degree day. I like to mess with this stuff but I have lots a repairs going now. Backhoe is getting a new swing tower , AC went out of my dozer ( D39EX21A ) and my 943 is getting new rails , pads , idlers , segments and 2 rollers. I can't even buy a 6 pack off beer right now. Once I get over all this , I am going to build my ac unit. By going with the larger condenser I hope to be able to increase the amount of 134A it holds which should increase the cooling capacity. Word of advice , if any of your machines have ac problems , don't start adding gas or oil/leak detector crap. Most equipment ac are designed to keep you from sweating , not cool like a 16' F150 Platinum. I
I will second that statement in regards to not adding refrigerant or stop leak crap. If my backhoe had some to tinted Windows then without a doubt, it would be an ice box Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The DTAC condenser units are pretty well built. We installed one on a 973 that had factory air,to replace the original condenser unit that was thoroughly rusted beyond repair. It's been working well for 2+years now.