I am looking for a 4276t short block or good running used engine. I've seached all the top googled equipment sites with no luck. Does any one have a idea as to where i might find one? Is there a similar engine that can be swapped with the 4276t? Any info would be greatly apreciated
I think we did a 450C with a 4045T, I am not at all sure the 555a is the same, but something to look into. The dealer I worked at a few years later had a book that showed which engine to use and what parts needed to be swapped to convert the older machines to newer engines. This construction machinery dealer actually bought their repower engines from the engine distributor because they could get a better deal from them than from the Deere factory.
The 4045T is a upgraded version of the 4276T motor. It really should be a simple swap and I think the accessories will transfer over from a 4276 to a 4045. With recent emission laws in California, I would think these would be easy to find since they are "dirty". Look at gen sets and air compressors as organ donors.
Lantraxco, thanks for the info. Do you know what book your boss had. I see alot of 4045 engines advertised and if i could swap the 4076 out tgats a no brainer.
Repowerguy, i saw a .pdf file a short while ago that showed the different machines each deere engine came in. Thanks for the tip.
I don't recall the title but it was a Deere publication, brown cover I think. Repower guidelines maybe?
Was this a list of Deere machines only? If not it would be quite the encyclopedia! I've seen Deere power in Blaw-Knox pavers, Raygo Barcomills, Elgin Whirlwind sweepers, Morbark chippers and on and on! Sorry, just a old guy rambling about back in the day.