Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding hyd. remotes to 977L

JDR62 ยท 2009-02-20 10:44

I want to add 3 hyd. remotes to my 977L, is it possible to tap into the hyd. system. Now it has only bucket controls, its very expensive to add valves internally I was hoping there was a cheaper way to go. Thanks Jeff

Replies4
  1. #1Doug Alexander2024-10-14 19:09

    Hi JD, I am a hydraulic guy...when you say you want to add hydraulic remotes...can you describe what you want them for? Do you want to be able to activate three additional functions, or just add three pilot valves to the system? Doug

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-10-15 02:43

    You will probably need some kind of power beyond adapter. Not sure if the existing valve has that option.

  3. #3IceHole2024-10-15 03:01

    Mine has a hydraulic winch, I'd have to look how it's powered. Has a lever and pressure gauge toward the back right of the seat. I've seen some with rippers too.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-10-15 03:08

    The ripper may run from a power beyond adapter. If so you should be able get the adapter and plumb a 3 spool control valve. What you need to worry about is the flow rating of the valve so you don't get excessive heating. I'd guess a 977 is well over 50 GPM so a 3 spool valve to handle the flow could be quite expensive.