Hello All. I've been told I need 3000psi. on my aux circuit for this cutter. with the guage in-line now, I get 1800psi. peak at start up and running under no load she purrs at 900psi and I know it won't spike untill its under significant load. If you alternate between thumb and other attachments this could need to be adjusted frequently. Not sure I'm going to need to do this, but if I do I would rather have a good idea where to start rather than fumble around and then come back and ask then go fumble around some more. Pretty sure its under cab or at pump. I've not even looked at how to set pressure up. Any Help? or pointers ? Thank you in advance.
What do you mean at start up and under no load? Let the system warm up. Bring the throttle up. Dead head the aux system. Sounds like the pressure maybe fine
So let me try this again. my excavator is a good ride from here. The company I bought the mower from told me the recommended aux pressure is 3000psi. I have not needed to adjust anything on the excavator. Ever. This is my first attachment for this machine. I had the unit shipped and delivered to the address where its currently sitting. This machine is I think mostly british standard pipe. anytime I have a hose made up the hose shop grumbles. I don't try to keep all the fittings. The unit I just purchased came with quick connects, threaded standard npt. hosees are JIC. excavator is BSP. So 3 different kinds of threads. "nice" I had enough fittings to "T" a guage in line of the JIC fittings. Did'nt have what I needed to "dead head" it. So just starting the unit and watching the guage, it peaks at 1800psi. briefly. It may dead head at 3000 I hope it does. But if it does not... There are a "few" hoses under the cab. probably several blocks too. I hope the aux block shows its self pretty obvious as it should have electric spools. think I said that right. What I don't want to do is make it back to the machine and not be able to locate the relief valve if I need to. I'm attempting to kind of know what I need to look for before I get there. The next time.
a machine that outputs 3000psi will be high in the rev range say minimum 90% throttle and to measure it you will need to attach the appropriate pressurizing test equipment with a gauge and the likes then hold auxiliary on relief for 3 seconds before reading gauge this will tell you if relief is set correctly mike is right the machine also needs to be at operating temperature