Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aeromax transformation

monster76 ยท 2014-07-27 20:47

wanted to show some pics of a recent project i took on it is my 1994 L9000 with an l10 and a 7 spd. i bought from a family friend who had two of these truck and was not really using it and the f800 i had was tired beat up, ugly, and a little light for the task i was using it for.Here it is from the beginnings to final product. i still need to patch a couple small spots on the bed mostly a time issue but good news is the front corners where the only bad spots other than that there she is

Replies14
  1. #1monster762014-07-27 20:49

    one other picture sorry i did not load it in the right order

  2. #2JNB2014-07-27 20:54

    That's one heck of a makeover. Nice job!

  3. #3monster762014-07-27 20:55

    thank you im still not done, i never am there is always something else i want done to it. like next weekend i am going to wetsand and clear coat the head lights

  4. #4SVTSHELBYGT5002014-07-28 19:41

    Nice job ! those single axle dumps come handy !

  5. #5monster762014-07-28 22:16

    those trucks come in real handy. i am mainly going to use it to pull my backhoe around. i got a chance today and finished putting on the hub covers and lug nut covers.

  6. #6AlldayRJ2014-07-29 22:57

    Came really nice. Whats the gvw on that? I want a high gvw single axle truck but a little longer and lower so i can load it easier

  7. #7monster762014-07-30 09:34

    I believe it's 35k

  8. #8Derbytrucker872014-08-02 07:35

    Me and my father have a small exc business and use an l8000 single axle ours is rated at 33200. This allows us 8 1/2 to 9 ton payload depending on fuel. Single axles are a must have for any exc company in my book. Nice one you got there too.

  9. #9monster762014-08-02 08:29

    Thanks man i like these little trucks moves arpund my equipment great.the l9000 is a big step up from f800 we previously had.

  10. #10CM19952014-08-02 09:47

    Nice job!:thumbsup

  11. #11monster762014-08-02 20:43

    thank you part 2 will be the trailer

  12. #12kent_323is2014-08-03 00:24

    Instead of clear coating those headlights, I'd recommend you get one of those 3M kits for headlight restoration. Typically what happens is that the clear plastic over the headlight gets crazed and pitted. The 3M kit allows you to grind all of that off, and polish it up. I've done that on my older BMW and also my wife's VW and had good results. Nice work on the rest of your transformation to the truck!

  13. #13monster762014-08-04 07:53

    Thanks man yes they are pitted I've tried those 3 m kits and it comes outs good but when you wet sand them smooth and throw some automotive clear they literally come out like brand new I'll post pics with the results so you guys see it can when I get a chance

  14. #14Fastdirt2014-08-09 14:21

    True. I was just told that by a body shop when inquiring on how to resolve the problem. They said they get them as smooth as possible and then clear coat them. He showed me some on an older BMW that looked really really good. Like brand new really. The cost of replacements is crazy. The L9 truck looks great! That is a big difference. I love that kind of stuff, bringing it back.