Is there good aftermarket cat parts or do you get what you pay for? I have used some American Crane is one company. Dur cone seals price difference is a lot? But do they hold up ?
I don’t have much love for aftermarket. Cat carries some aftermarket under “Yellowmark” formerly known as “Classic” and for some applications the parts can be ok but personally I think you are nuts to use something aftermarket in a critical application such as duocone seals. The price for failure is too high, whether it’s merely labor to redo a failed seal or it results in further damage. you have to seriously evaluate whether it’s worth it to go aftermarket plus take machine use factor into consideration there is a whole difference between a production machine and a “keep it on the back forty and put 20 hours a year on it” machibe
^Perfect answer! My train of thought is "If its used in high torque, high speed, high temp, or is supposed to be flexible.......DONT USE AFTERMARKET PARTS ON IT."