Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket cab pressurizers?

Questionable wizard ยท 2024-08-01 09:18

Are there other brands of cab pressurizer fan/filters on the market beside SyKlone. I see pictures of scrapers in Australia that may have a different brand mounted on the cab roof.

Replies6
  1. #1kenworth2024-08-01 10:25

    I have been looking for different brands of these also and Sy-Klone is all I have found also.

  2. #2DDoug2024-08-01 11:14

    The grape farmers around here look to have something after market added on top of the tractors they use for spraying. Maybe look at AG stuff.

  3. #3Questionable wizard2024-08-02 08:11

    cleanairfilter.com is another one. The SyKlone systems use brushed motors. I'd prefer brushless.

  4. #4treemuncher2024-08-02 18:53

    I've built several of my own before. Nothing more that a good air filter housing and a fan (blower) of proper voltage with ductwork connections. Last one I built I used an old diesel welder air filter box to a marine bilge air blower ($30) as it was already round on both inlet and outlet. An inline blower design makes easy connections to rubber boots. PVC pipe or alminum pipe for main duct work to next fitting/transition. Pipe fresh air from outside of the cab to the intake side of you AC unit and you have a pressurized system and lots less dust inside. For transitions, pipe, clamps and more go to : https://www.siliconeintakes.com/ Sometimes, air filters can be found at : https://www.surpluscenter.com/ or Ebay

  5. #5treemuncher2024-08-03 15:35

    I looked at the last one I built. Air cleaner from eBay, the rest as listed above. Factory had no forced clean air so no pressurization. This addition cut down my cab dust drastically. And this machine creates tons of dust in dry conditions.

  6. #6Questionable wizard2024-08-19 06:20

    I asked further questions of SyKlone. They do offer brushless motors. About $2000usd to set up a machine. The reseller for SyKlone was clueless about all the different options.