Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seeking help on Site and Equipment Estimating

David_A ยท 2024-07-29 08:44

I work with estimating software and am currently building data for sitework estimating. While I have a strong grasp of the software, math, and general estimating concepts, I need assistance with the nuances specific to sitework and heavy equipment. I'm looking for 1-3 knowledgeable individuals with whom I can exchange emails, and have phone conversations with, to ask questions and gain a deeper understanding of this area. Your expertise would be invaluable in helping me refine the database and improve its functionality for estimators. If interested let me know here and Thank you!

Replies10
  1. #1chidog2024-07-29 21:08

    And how much do you pay for these very busy people's time?

  2. #2CM19952024-07-29 21:16

    If one participates do they get a free version of the software you are developing with unlimited lifetime upgrades?

  3. #3David_A2024-07-30 09:53
  4. #4David_A2024-07-30 10:26

    Clearly this is due compensation and will do so at a rate we agreed upon. I understand this is your valuable time and will treat fairly. Also, will be glad to review this in online meetings where you can actually see what I am doing

  5. #5David_A2024-07-30 10:27

    a fair rate per hour as we agree upon.

  6. #6David_A2024-07-30 10:28

    The software I not control so no on that. The database can be discussed.

  7. #7David_A2024-07-30 10:29

    a fair rate per hour as we agree upon.

  8. #8MG842024-07-30 11:26

    This is a bot or some AI generated crap, give him the boot.

  9. #9David_A2024-07-30 12:41

    Live person here. you can message if you like and or have a phone conversation

  10. #10631G2024-07-30 17:06

    David, Start here: Grading and Ex Handbook Rev. Walkers Est. Guide These books are good starts to give you the basics on what you are asking about. The keys to accurate job cost estimating are always going to be an accurate qty takeoffs that capture all the details of the work and then using that to generate an accurate schedule driven on manhours required to complete each task. Usually if you can get these two things right then you will have an accurate cost. Most of what you have to know when pricing work is based on prior experience coupled with past production rates from other jobs you've completed that are similar to what you are bidding. The qty's for the job and then how difficult you think the work will be drive the overall time and subsequently the $.