Usually I'm a "keep it genuine" guy but I'm watching my budget on this particular project. Who can recommend who for engine parts. I'll be changing out the water pump and oil cooler on my old 3406. For what it's worth I'm in southern Alberta so availability and shipping is something I have to consider. Thanks
IPD | Quality Aftermarket Heavy-Duty Engine Parts IPD carries an extensive range of heavy-duty components for diesel and spark-ignited engines shipped globally. Contact us to become a distributor. www.ipdparts.com
ISMB, IPD or PAI, As far dealers, you have to shop because prices & shipping quotes are all over the board. ATL in Texas isn't too bad, M/D Distributing is high as a cats ass.
Id check out ctp personally ive had good luck with there stuff.
All I know is I will never spend another dime on Yellowmark parts.....
Done a few 3406A&B's with IPD parts. Were not as good as CAT but 1/4 the price. Had to bend the oil spray tubes under pistons to have the clearance between piston and spraytube. They had problems with main and rod bearings back in 1991-1992, may be better now. Liner protrusion was the other big problem. All the best in your endeavor. Simon C
Checked by target on injection nozzle test bench.
I use to use a specific thickness wire to measure between the piston and spray tube. Fancy tooling would of been handy, we did not have. Simon C
Only ever saw it at the cat house
Well,genuine Cat parts aren’t what they were and many are now made in China anyway. Not sure how Cat will get on with that if all the tariffs get stuffed onto Chinese imports. We reap what we sow I suppose
Union Tractor is a big IPD distributor. They rebuilt my 3204 with IPD 3 ring pistons. They rebuild a lot of (Cat) engines with IPD parts. Their head office is in Edmonton and they have a branch in Red Deer. Being they use a lot of the parts they sell, I think is better than just a place that sells parts if you had an issue or potential warranty claim.
Yes, I’ve used IPD parts in my D342 and 3404 D8 engines over the years. No problems,probably had alot to do with the chap that fitted them for me though. Good parts need a good fitter