Since Spud Monkey mentioned the Moasure tool (a motion based measuring tool), I have been considering one for layout work on a couple of investment properties that I own. I need the cut/fill calculation system to figure where the dirt needs to go. No sense in trucking anything into or out of a property if a good measuring tool can tell me where everything goes. Time is money and efficiency saves time. I also don't want to drop $1k for something that won't suit my needs but I will be happy to purchase one if I know it is worth it for my needs. I am only considering the Moasure 2 Pro at this time. Most of their customer testimonials refer to small jobs of 1 acre or less. They did tell me that they know it will handle 6 acres. While that might be large enough for most of what will be on my plate, I would like to know what the maximum is. I won't be using it to measure decks and driveways or landscaping around a house. I could use one to help on properties up to 30 acres and larger. For me, real life experience from other forum members holds a lot more weight than internet consumer reviews. If you have it, please let me know how you like it and your personal experiences with it. Also what software are you using with it? Here is a link to the tool: https://www.moasure.com/pages/our-story And a Youtube link for a quick demo:
I have the Moasure 1. What a great tool. Funny this came up. We were just discussing upgrading to the Pro model. We don't use it for anything as big as your suggesting. The Pro model looks like it would be better suited for that. We use it to track amount of asphalt/concrete prep. You can send the results to your email. We use it to ensure correct slope grade {3:1 and so forth}. We use it to shoot existing grade and estimate cy for fill and cut projects. Well worth the money in my opinion for what we use it for. Much easier than setting up a total station.