I need to replace a turntable bearing for a Komatsu PC-250LC-6. I was wondering if there was any aftermarket suppliers out there that would be less costly than going through a dealer. Thanks in advance.
If it's like Komatsu usually prices parts, I'll bet it's expensive. An alternative, as long as your slew ring bearing isn't totally shot, is to have it rebuilt. Last winter I had Kaydon Corp rebuild a slew ring out of a Tadano crane. They re-grind the surfaces of the rings and install new oversize bearings in it and new seals.
Check out Avon Bearings. I bought one from them for a PC 400 and it was about half the price. That was probably ten years ago.
http://www.kaydonbearings.com/catalogs/KaydonRemanufacturingBroch.pdf http://www.kaydonbearings.com/
Yeah, that's the one stock. Thanks for the link. And Truck 505, Avon Bearing is now Kaydon. I sent my bearing to the shop in Ohio
Did not know that, Thanks. Thats where i got mine from. It has held up quite well.
Komatsu has just announced that they have Komatsu Reman slew bearings available. Check out your local dealer and see what the pricing is vs. new. If I get a chance I will dig up a part number for you to take in.
Turntable Bearing Thanks for the information. Kaydon does not stock that bearing and would take 12-14 weeks to manufacture. The cost would be $15.5K. Kaydon would not sell to me directly and would sell it through a local distributor. The Kaydon Sales Rep. says that the cost rebuild the bearing would be about 50-60% of the new cost. They would give me an estimate once I brought them the bearing. The cost from the local Komatsu dealer would be about $10.5K. I give them a call on a reman bearing.
Turntable Bearing I found a supplier that can give me a new an aftermarket turntable bearing for $8K. That sounds like a good deal. I'm going to call me Komatsu dealer to see what a reman would cost, but I double that it would be much under the cost of this one. The part # for the PC-250LC turntable bearing is #206-25-67101.
We can supply that turntable bearing new aftermarket to you. The problem has been with delivery time on that specific model. We can't keep them on the shelf. The PC250LC-6 seems to wear out their bearings faster than other models.
clansing1, How many hours did you get out of your first bearing and how is your machine equiped? What do you use your machine for? What series is this model, Dash 5, Dash 6 or higher? I've seen and replaced lots of bearings in Komatsu 360-5, 300HD-6 and even a couple of PC400-5s but never a 250 of any Dash number.
The machine is a 1996 Komatsu PC-250LC-6 with about 7000 hours on it. We use the machine for excavating and demolition (no jackhammer though). The machine was purchased with about 3000 hours on it and the turnable had been just replaced. I don't know if they put in a new or used turntable. Final Drive, do you have an email address that I can contact you at? Thanks
click on the name "finaldrive" at the left of his post and you can get his contact info.
The is way too few of hours for that bearing. When you take the monster apart I would suggest getting a machinist in to check the carbody and underside of the house for being flat. Also look for a structural failure in the form cracks on the bottom of the house. It is also possible that the current bearing was not torqued properly when installed but you would have had plenty of broken or loose bolts. I would think it really odd that the first bearing also only lasted about 3,000 hours. The PC250 is a composite machine I believe with a PC220 house and PC300 carbody. The bearing is a PC220 unit and as evidenced on the larger machines, PC360 and PC300HD, the extra stability provided by the bigger undercarriage puts more stress on the house bearing. Just the same I haven't seen this issue on this sized machine. Good Luck!
What kind of bearing is it? Have you tried a bearing dealer? They can cross over to one of their own bearings if you can give them the dimensions ( ID & OD ). www.bearings.com/
Komatsu Turntable Bearing Do you have the OEM Part Number? (Dah! Found the P/N in an earlier post) If you have the OEM Part Number, I can research New Aftermarket, Good Used Take-Out or OEM Surplus from several people we work with.
rotec or turntable bearing... I have worked for a Komatsu dealer for 14 years...Avon Bearings will be your best bet....Komatsu bearings are outrageous......The bad news is on the PC200 to PC250's. Komatsu with there infinate wisdom tried a differant bearing configuaration...on the PC200LC-6LE, PC220LC-6LE,PC250LC-6LE, models so be very carefull and check the complete model # whenn ordering your bearings...Because if you have an LE model There is no after market avaiable...:usa
206-25-67101 and 206-25-A7100 are interchangeable. Either one works fine for the PC250LC-6 and I can supply either one. We're an Avon distributor and the quality is excellent. The problem we have is with availability. 10-12 months is a typical lead time for them. They're focused on MFR's and not replacement bearings. It's a sad situation. I have seen two different bearings used on this model for now rhyme or reason. One has 92 teeth on the inner gear and the other has 110. This model should have a 110 tooth gear.