Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

All I can say is WOW.

excav8r ยท 2011-09-14 19:04

Saw this on youtube today. He is lucky the forks stayed outta the cab but I wonder if the quick attach got him. Make sure you watch the whole video cause the best part is at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDH-NEy0kVs&feature=feedu

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies29
  1. #1Buckethead2011-09-14 19:23

    I hope no one got hurt. Even without the forks breaking loose, I bet he had a sore neck and back later on from using the machine like a battering ram. Not trying to be mean, but I hope he learned his lesson.

  2. #2cps2011-09-14 19:28

    Were did they find that xxxxxxx!!!

  3. #3Yellowirondude2011-09-14 19:40

    just as the posts said below the video....dumb and dumber. Just listening to the guy in the cab, and watching his body language and somewhat slurred speech, I would almost say this guy was inebriated....makes one wonder.

  4. #4D&GExcavating2011-09-14 19:49

    Wow, that was painful to watch.

  5. #5BDFT2011-09-14 20:32

    Good thing he had eye protection on. If he had been working for me he wouldn't be after seeing that. What a moron.

  6. #6CM19952011-09-14 20:38

    Friends don't let Friends borrow their equipment...:cool2

  7. #7Greasypin2011-09-14 21:47

    besides his buddy going holy xxxx or O crap is the idea of even using a decent set of forks to do that.

  8. #8Sparkie2011-09-14 23:55

    poor Gehl...

  9. #9Phill2011-09-15 00:16

    would it have been all that hard to use their power saw, and lets say dig up the root ball ? they already did 1/2 the job of cutting........

  10. #10Taylortractornu2011-09-15 00:47

    I could barely watch this go down. I have a friend with one of the largest Gehls made. He is also in the tree business and trees like that the wiggle he will use the forks to dig it up quick and easy.

  11. #11digger242j2011-09-15 01:47

    I've said this before--I wonder whether the "let's post this to YouTube" syndrome has been responsible for any fatalities yet?

  12. #12CM19952011-09-15 07:15

    If it hasn't yet, it will.

  13. #13DEERE310SG2011-09-15 11:07

    I saw this when he posted it. That was a bad idea from the start. Kyle

  14. #14Chris431562011-10-14 18:59

    Follow Up http://youtu.be/qCEX8gfNQps

  15. #15CM19952011-10-14 19:17

    Looks like Beavis and Butthead stole the keys to the skidsteer out of ol' man Anderson's shop again...

  16. #16willie592011-10-14 19:46

    It appears natural selection missed one.

  17. #17Buckethead2011-10-14 20:32

    +1. Although I never liked the whole "Darwin Award" thing, those people are asking to get killed.

  18. #18willie592011-10-14 20:36

    Maybe he didn't get hurt, but I'm surprised. The forks may have landed on front of the machine, but you can see in the video that he broke the coupler on the left side and that chunk of the coupler came inside the cab. Not much room in there for things to bounce around.

  19. #19Yellowirondude2011-10-15 09:50

    x2 That is too funny. I'm suprised people still remember those two and the show...lol

  20. #20Reel hip2011-10-15 12:36

    Stupid ! Stupid! Stupid! This is why I never let my friends borrow equipment. Could you imagine if you owned that machine and then saw it on u tube? Hopefully he (idiot operator) owns it so he is stuck with the repairs that he will surely create. Safety first!...huh?

  21. #21nickbowers2011-10-15 23:31

    idiots

  22. #22wlas2011-10-18 12:55

    As soon as he said, "let's have some fun", I thought of a teenage adolescent with his daddy's machinery. Hate to see someone intentionally breaking a piece of equipment. Seems like that is what happened. Truely a Beevis and Butthead move.

  23. #23hounddoglily2011-10-20 10:38

    Bad,Bad,Bad, Idea.

  24. #24Diesel gal2011-10-21 18:20

    What a rookie!

  25. #25Dozerboy2011-10-21 22:13

    What a bunch of kill joys. Looks like they had a good time.

  26. #26joel992011-10-21 22:43

    Haha, I didn't see the end coming, thought he was gonna flip it or fall over.

  27. #27Kobe1302011-10-21 23:00

    Yeah, these guys were just asking to get seriously hurt. Who would treat their machine like that? Oh, did anybody else notice the guy on the chainsaw letting it cut while he held it with one hand. Looked like a big Stihl too. These guys are beyond stupid. Way beyond.

  28. #28Thedeeredude2011-10-26 16:33

    Nice. I think you need a bigger tractor for that job. I want to doze that tree now

  29. #29fast_st2011-10-27 15:59

    Luckily they work at an equipment repair shop and its a customer's machine! this looks way more safe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6PGKcVr-8s