Finally, FINALLY got some time to myself this morning, albeit after a twelve hour owl shift, sat down with all my pieces and parts that failed to work when I swapped the transmission out. Two gates hoses had long nuts, bottomed out prior to flare engagement on the old fittings and corrected. Ear on trans hydraulic pump from runner AND donor had cracked, replacement received and installed. Took my time, had walked away from it three weeks ago frustrated and fresh head this morning even though tired. Drained off the oil so could make the hose swaps, got the pump changed out also packed the suction side with white lithium grease, refilled sump and leak checked the suction lines. Bit my lip hard and fired the old beast up, instant trans pressure and it stayed this time. Took it out in the yard still incomplete lacking some shields and plates, all gears functional, great push pressure, no short term leaks I believe I have a winner. Back tomorrow to do some mowing, have to blade a section of drive and pick up electrical supplies for the new shop building, should be able to button up my machine mid afternoon. The new pump flange is not painted, lots of room if one stands on his head, corkscrews between the linkages and other machinery then double joint both elbows and wrists!!! I will ache for a week after having had this pump and lines in and out today.
Congrats on getting her back to life! Hopefully I can do the same, soon!
I can only wish you better luck than I had!!
I hope it's not an ordeal to repair my loader, but I'm generally not that lucky. I still have heaps of dirt to move, so I need to get cracking on it none the less.
Have been watching your post as well as reading, I do hope it is related to head or head gasket and not more serious for you. I too have a mountains to get moved, trying to ready a spot to build a new home on the farm.
Got the old girl out of the shed fully dressed today, took it up the hill to my last spoil pile to start moving it then piles of brush I need to consolidate to burn later, power was awesome compared to where it used to be, speed on ground was unexpected, having a low reverse speed a blessing! Took a healthy bucket load from the pile, was steady slipping track getting it full, I really need to swap the rails/shoes, used to stall out so I was quite the happy boy right then! So I headed on a walk back for the old dump truck to haul off the spoil, battery was weak so jump started, as I pulled the cables saw gas running, has blown the Holley cross tube O-rings so it went to the shed and I headed back up the hill on the AC 180D to do some finish work behind the new shop building and finished out the day.
Managed to get my spoil pile all moved, going to have to change the rails soon as I finally caught how the rail is getting off the lower rollers when backing with a full bucket(is how I rolled the last rail off). Seems the heavy-ass Ulrich bucket with a full rolling off the back load is enough to raise the loader bottom rollers off the rails when backing, the old rails will tension up but are snakey enough to get off the bottom rollers while doing so and allows them to try to crawl over the idler edges. For now just have to be cautious and steer only in forward when loaded up. Best I can tell can get over 2 yards in the bucket, three scoops filled the old C70 chevy 5 yard bed to overflowing and three feet over the top of the bed with sideboards. Seriously considering swapping out to the GP and eliminating the MP, just have to rebuild the GP off the donor.
Glad to hear your beast is back on the prowl. I'm definitely not in love with my Ulrich bucket. I'd love to find something else to mount up front. It seems like I can only get about a yard and a half in it, and its cumbersome. Not my biggest concern at the moment, though ***
KB, I am really serious about going back to a GP, will carry more material and I am believing less severe on the undercarriage. I have the bucket off my donor, it is pretty thin and will require a lot of effort so is most likely a winter project then I can pull the swap. Only good factor to the Ulrich is the clam dump into the old Chev dump truck, can spread a bucket full pretty well bed wide. Even if I swap buckets the counterweight will remain on, kind of handy.