Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis chalmers 645 loader

highliner ยท 2009-05-26 08:27

I just bought a 1970 Allis 645 loader, the motor creates plenty of power, but it doesn't seem to get the power to the tires. I did some research and found that this is a common problem with these machines. The problem is the charge pump for the torque converter, I decided to change the charge pump. In order to change this you first have to pull the hydraulic pump. It looked like an easy job, I loosened up the hyd. pump but there is now way the pump will come out. I had two long pry bars on the hyd pump but it won't budge. Has anyone else had this problem or any tips?

Replies1
  1. #1dirthog2009-05-26 08:45

    If the hydraulic pump won't come off then the splines on the pump shaft are rusted also the same in the shaft that drives through the trans pump. You can try taking a couple of wedges and hold pressure between the two pumps it MAY come loose you will have to get it off one way or the other in order to get some of the mounting bolts out of the trans pump I think you will find the shafts are bad on both