Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan 55 III

Jeff S ยท 2009-05-30 21:08

Hi all, Would anybody know where I can get manuals and brake parts for my Michigan 55III? I've been procrastinating for about 5 years on getting the brakes working and finding manuals for this machine! I think it needs wheel cylinder's and shoes. I replaced the air vavle back when I bought it but that wasn't the problem. Thanks Jeff S

Replies13
  1. #1Blaster2009-06-01 04:45

    I have the same trouble with my 75C.Try doepkerindustrial.com they have a large selection.

  2. #2Jeff S2009-06-01 08:10

    Thanks Blaster, I'll give em a try. I really haven't did a thing other engine tune up's and fluid changes to this machine so I don't know where to get parts or if there even available anymore! It's mid - late 70's era. I was told it's a 79 but i have no clue if that's right! Thanks again, Jeff

  3. #3Blaster2009-06-01 18:23

    Call your local Volvo dealer, up here they go by Strongco. Give them the serial number and they will give you all the nformation on your machine

  4. #4gggraham2009-06-01 23:27

    Volvo still carries a lot of parts for Michigan loaders. Call your local dealer if you are in Collins one of the dealers listed is Vantage Equipment 5985 Court Street Road - Syracuse, NY 13206-1790 Phone: (315) 437-2611 Fax: (315) 437-2026

  5. #5Jeff S2009-06-02 20:39

    gggraham, thanks for the info. I appreicate it! Jeff

  6. #6All Jacked Up2009-06-08 18:59

    you could also try associated power train. They are the self proclaimed "Michigan experts" and should have what you need. 1800-358-1103

  7. #7IndReman2009-06-09 13:06

    Tractorparts.com has some old michigan 55III. Try them for used parts for your machine!

  8. #8Jeff S2009-06-10 23:18

    Thanks AJU, I 'll give em a call 2marrow!

  9. #9Jeff S2009-06-10 23:21

    IndReman, I seen that the other day. I thought they just had dozer parts was surprized to see loader parts! Thanks Jeff

  10. #10Bigstevex42009-06-12 12:55

    Worked for a clark michigan dealer for decades volvo bought them out but that stuff is so basic any good drive train outfit can reline the brakes and supply cyl or seals.

  11. #11Jeff S2009-06-13 21:58

    Bigstevex4, Hey thanks for the info. Beleive it or not, I don't know of any good drive train outfit's here or in Buffalo, NY anymore but, then again I really haven't looked in awhile either. Does the air compressor get oiled by the engine oil? I'm gettin alot of oil in the air tank. Bad rings in the compressor ya think? Thanks again for the help! Jeff

  12. #12Bigstevex42009-06-15 10:16

    Yes it get oiled from the eng probly rings. get it from cummins or detroit. depending on what eng you have. gotta be lots drive train places in acity that size just do a search on google.

  13. #13assocpowertrain2009-06-16 10:41

    Jeff, I'm with Associated Powertrain... Thanks for the reference AJU... Commercial solicitation removed