Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis Chalmers HD21-B

Sparkiefarmer ยท 2022-08-07 06:07

Posted earlier about a large land clearing project. Newer machines will do most of the job, but I have an opportunity to buy an Allis hd21b for what it weighs. I was thinking it would be great to have for a helping hand when needed. Unknown hours or history, just that it ran and functioned as it should when parked inside 10 years ago. If its got a few hundred hours left in it I'd like to use them up. (fellow who parked it has passed away, family couldnt figure out how to start it, good ole Allis and their backwards kill switch haha) I know nothing about these other than some undercarriage basics. How do I tell if its a good old machine or a mobile wreck? I'm assuming there are no parts left or service around for these so I understand that at best it's still a time bomb.

Replies1
  1. #1Dave Neubert2022-08-07 08:02

    Check the final drives for metal if good run it till it breaks you can always scrap it