Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4G hyd. Track adjustment cylinder reseal

shopguy ยท 2022-08-06 21:21

Hey can someone squirt me a procedure to get the seals out ,I have the cover off and the idler and yoke out can I dig the seals out or do I have to take the 4 bolt cover with the wiper in it off?Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2022-08-07 05:32

    There isn't a procedure that I can see. By the looks of it if you remove the 4 bolts (#29) of the cover for the wiper the front end of the recoil spring assembly could potentially be able to move while the spring force is still on it. Caution required. The two inner seals appear to be a smaller diameter than the wiper. Doubled up will they not fit through the hole once the wiper seal is out.?

  2. #2shopguy2022-08-07 10:58

    Thank you, 16 is a u cup 8 is a back up ring so yes they came out the wiper hole

  3. #3CM19952022-08-07 13:58

    It's a PITA did both on our D5G last winter.