Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

allmand tlb 425

allmand ยท 2016-09-13 23:48

Hi all. I am new here and have a hydraulic fluid question. I have an allmand tlb 425 backhoe. It is a tractor loader backhoe with 25 hp kubota diesel and only has foward and reverse petals no gears. I am unsure of what type of fluid goes in the machine and allmand has dropped the tractor line and is unhelpful in this matter. The book says to use a multipurpose fluid with iso68 gl-4 rated. Well I had talked to allmand a while back about this and they said ignore the gl-4 rating and just put aw 68 hydraulic fluid in the thing. Now I am having some repair work done at a machine shop and they had to drain the fluid to do some welding. Now it is being refilled with o'rilleys aw68 hydraulic fluid. Do you think that this is ok to use the machine with this fluid or should I put something different in?

Replies1
  1. #1Billrog2016-09-14 22:10

    No professional but I would think the hydro-static should have trans hydraulic fluid.