Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 210LE 4×4 E-brake randomly turns on

tkoden ยท 2016-09-14 00:57

For sometime now the parking brake will randomly turn on for a few seconds on our skip loader. It's getting really annoying so I'm looking for some advice on where to start looking.

Replies4
  1. #1Plongson2016-09-14 09:36

    The guys here are WAY better than me on this stuff, but the E-Brake on the 210 LE uses pressure to release and no pressure to engage. There is an entire circuit devoted to the ebrake and a service manual is absolutely essential to troubleshoot these problems...but if it's intermittent, I would first check wiring and plugs including the switch on the dash. There also a ebrake pressure sensor on the top of the rear differential that could have a poor connection or is trying to fail. Just some place to start... I have the JD factory manual and if you need me to look something up I'll try to help. Paul

  2. #2JonathanMA2016-09-14 16:01

    As other guy said, it's spring applied, pressurized to release--- More times than not , it's due to low transmission oil level -- pressure drops enough intermittently to allow park brake to engage---Check transmission oil level while running in neutral.

  3. #3Tierrablooms2023-09-06 17:05

    Did you end up getting this resolved? I have topped off the transmission oil - looks like it may be the solenoid but I am mechanically illiterate. I was looking at the parts diagram and can't make out which ones are the solenoid in real life.

  4. #4chilco2024-05-31 22:01

    Would that pressure switch have a particular That I could check