Any of you guys have any American Hoist and Derrick Co. shovel, loader or yarder pics? I tried searching, but couldn't find anything. Thanks!
Check the Cypress thread out, they converted many American cranes to logging equipment.
As I recall American Hoist and Derrick Co. was a dealer in Seattle in the fifties up to the early seventies. I don't recall them having any affiliation with American Crane Co. I know that at one time they sold Koehring cranes.
I apologize, I had just assumed they were one in the same.
John, I ran a 4000lb H&B asphalt plant that had a enameled sign on it that said Hetherington and Berner a division of American Hoist and Derrick. I thought it was the crane manufacturer.
Ah&d was American crane back in the day. They have been bought and sold many times. Last I knew they were owned by Terex. All our old books when I was wrenching on them said American Hoist and Derick, and we were a dealer in Seattle
Thanks just talked to me Tipton at Terex. He got me lined out on clutch adjustment pages and a book dealer. Still having an issue with raising boom but swing seems better with new filter and housing.
Pic of clutch access
Inside clutch
inside clutch
Sorry i am not familiar, i thought you were referring to a friction machine. I have never been around a juicer American like that. Looks like a twin disk ? Between the engine and the pumps? Those are pretty simple to adjust, but if your problem doesn't exist with all functions it is probably in the hydraulic circuit for said function or functions. Sorry i couldn't be more help. Good luck! Will
According to the literature the Teryx guy sent me about the American 258 it's a single disc. The demand from the boom pump creates such a low that the clutch was slipping. It was relatively easy to adjust I pulled the pin and turned clockwise. Not sure what the spec is on top of the access plate that I'm supposed to go to but definitely heard the snap of Engagement.
I still run An American crane, 4450 truck mounted. Wondering if anyone on here knows of any manuals detailing boom dimensions ,ie; angle cord or tubular chord material thicknesses. My manuals show some repair details ,but nothing to determine standard booms from heavy duty booms. Its seems that the 46" angle and the 47" tubular are used on a wide range of models from 40 to 75 ton. The 40 ready to bail on another barge load of bark mulch
+18776983739 This is the number for Terex that I called regarding my American he gave me a phone number for a company that still makes all the manuals if you wanted to buy something.
Thanks. Ill try them. I guess we got off track on this thread, heres a 7220 we rebuilt in the 70s. . We were a three man team over a fire season shutdown ,Master mechanic ,Heavy duty mech. and me the welder. I built the riser and cab , rebuild the backstop and heel boom. We built a 120' supersnorkel for the old girl in the 80s and did swingers frictions and end snorkel sections fairly regular from then on. I have picture of the snorkel ,but its pretty faded but ill try and scan it.
Yeah we did get off topic I think that was my fault with my hydraulic issue questions should have been in a different thread.
That American looks like new ! I just got a 5510 American truck crane and have some information if I can help. What brand of carrier do you have?
I had an old American Hoist and Derrick 997 dragline at one of my sand plants. I do remember that the S/N of old American cranes used to start with "GS". American said that meant "Gopher Shovel", for their old days of building power shovels.