Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

An R, a T and a big Moutain!

JTL ยท 2009-08-27 07:47

This is such a better view in the morning than the Oregon desert!!

Replies19
  1. #1tippatone2009-08-27 08:13

    What a view, where is that?

  2. #2JTL2009-08-27 08:38

    That is Mt. Rainer, just south of Seattle, WA.

  3. #3dirt digger2009-08-27 08:45

    i was out that way earlier this summer...you live in some truly beautiful country out there...we road tripped from Seattle to Glacier National Park on Rt. 2 up through Stevens Pass...simply breath taking

  4. #4tippatone2009-08-27 09:10

    JTL, I see you are a 302 member, I am about to send in my app to go to Ellensburg for the apprentice program, did you ever go there?

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2009-08-27 11:12

    JTL I like the custom wings on those D-6 blades. I bet they make clean up a breeze.

  6. #6Cat 430E IT2009-08-27 13:26

    awesome pictures and very nice machines

  7. #7Wolf2009-08-27 13:49

    That is spectacular, and some nice looking iron too. Have fun out there, Jason.

  8. #8JTL2009-08-27 21:11

    Thanks guys! Jerry, We have those wings on all five of our 6's. They are a necessity, straight blades are worthless for about 2/3s of what we do with them. Sometimes I wish we had one with a 6-way though. Tippatone, No I didnt go through 302's apprentiship. I hear its a good one, so good luck! Dirtdigger, If you took 2 all the way to Glacier, Im sure went through Sandpoint, ID. My home town. That is quite the drive.

  9. #9tippatone2009-08-27 22:59

    I just can't get over that backdrop, looks like a nice pic for a postcard, I can't wait to get out to the Pacific Northwest

  10. #10Cat is ALL2009-08-27 23:02

    Beauty, I bet that makes it a little easier to come to work.

  11. #11John C.2009-08-27 23:44

    Looks like around Lacy somewhere. You don't see many standard tilt blades out this way anymore. Anything less than five years old seems to be a sixway. Thanks for the photo.

  12. #12JTL2009-08-28 07:48

    Close! We are over at Graham at the LRI landfill. We thought about 6 ways once. But for the distances that we push material over liners and up the slopes, they are just not practical

  13. #13dirt digger2009-08-28 08:23

    yup been there....where is that big bridge that crosses over some river?...the big yellow one...if I'm not mistaken that is near Sandpoint right? yea we took 2 all the way to Glacier then down south to Yellowstone then trucked back all the way to the East Coast...saw the Pacific Ocean in Ocean City Washington and then went to Ocean City Maryland and ended the trip at the Atlantic Ocean....quite a trip

  14. #14stock2009-08-28 13:26

    nice view

  15. #15tippatone2009-08-28 14:49

    Wow, that what I call a road trip!:drinkup

  16. #16JTL2009-08-28 20:21

    That would be an awesome road trip for sure. As far as yellow bridges go, I couldnt tell ya. I cross a butt load of em wherever I go! Heres a few pics from today to show what I mean about pushing long disances where you cant take the trucks. Kinda hard to drive on drain rock. Tomarrow I will get on the other 6, the old R and shove the rock out to the T, about half way. Then Tim will start pushing east and west, to build a big landing. When thats all finished, we will lay down some heavy plactic, put about a foot of pit-run on top of that, then drive the trucks right into the middle of the cell and push the piles from there. Right now we are using transfers to haul this rock in, next week we will start using truck and pups. They are a little cheaper!! Jason

  17. #17JTL2009-08-28 20:31

    Heres a couple pics of the trucks hauling the rock in, and the 312 hoe we are using to lay rock out on the liner, to keep the wrinkeling down a bit.

  18. #18N.CarolinaDozer2009-08-28 20:43

    whats the fence on top of the slope for?

  19. #19JTL2009-08-28 20:50

    They will hang chain link fence from it, to catch plactic bags from blowing out of the landfill. It will also serve as a blinder to the drive by traffic, and the nieghbors. The dump in Oregon I was at had the same thing, only thiers was golf ball netting for about 4 years, till they changed it to chain link. Seems to me the golf net would work just as well here, cause the wind dosent blow nearlly as hard as it does on the Columbia River Gorge. Jason