Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another Cat question

partsandservice ยท 2019-06-25 17:08

I am building a transmission out of a D4h. 8bp00957. First one I have been into and have found it to simple. The question I have is about a thing called a resonator p# for Assembly is 8e-2810. It has a spool and spring . The spool does not sit tight in the bore like the spools in the control valve, but there is no scaring to speak off. What is the function of this valve and is it normal for the spool to be loose in the bore?

Replies2
  1. #1Cmark2019-06-25 18:32

    Not sure about the fit-in-the-bore question, but this is what it does.

  2. #2partsandservice2019-06-27 13:07

    Thanks for the information. Turns out that some one had previously installed the valve together incorrectly. However the spool that the spring pushes does not fit tightly in the bore enough so that oil can go around it. It may dump and drop the convertor pressure.