i am rebuilding a Alison auto 3340 out of my S7. i am findings that my standard snap-ring pliers are not cutting it. what dose ever body use for the flat end rings. only thing i saw was the BIG ones from proto J364 but there like 130.00 and i would have to make custom tips to work/ grip the taper ends. would like to find a little bigger set of parallel opening pliers ?
These like like they'll do the trick. https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...VH71iZLBkLZ1Xph8bBTtShKaay7hslw,sgro:iv,mvi:0 I personally have a set of snap on that dont seem as beefy as these. Knipex, good stuff.
I have a couple of piston ring pliers that work perfect on those.
I'll wager your problem is the stamped plier in the second pic is deflecting / twisting enough for the ring to slip off.
thanks for the quick replies guys. yes the red one's work well maybe just find just one size bigger 10" or 12" i would say i got 8" ones and well just need a little more spread.
Also the "duck bill" pliers seem to work better when you can come at the ring at 90° angle vs straight on.