Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another Firefighter..Skid Steer & Mini Ex Since ’95

bobcatrg ยท 2007-11-04 23:46

Hello, This is the first forum I have actually joined. Just recently found the site and really enjoy the info on jobs and equipment. Amazed at the difference in prices/costs around the country for everything. I started in 1995 with a 1993 Bobcat 753 I purchased from a rental co. for $13,500. I am on my fourth skid steer since that time, a 2005 Bobcat S205 with cab a/c etc. and my second mini-excavator, a 2000 Kubota KX 121-3. Working out in the dirt is a real stress reliever after being at the fire station. However, as busy as I have been lately, the dirt business can get stressful also. A few days of rain and the jobs are stacked up with every one needing you right now.My business- I work for a couple residential home builders doing house pads, excavate for new drives/sidewalks, and final grades. I work for a few concrete guys doing demo/prep/sanding. With the mini ex I do footings, sewer lines, septic systems, clearing of trees/brush, retaining wall prep, house demolition, and just about everything else one could imagine. I will try to post some pics of my work in the future. I really enjoy seeing job pics. BTW I am in Oklahoma City. St37-Green

Replies2
  1. #1Countryboy2007-11-04 23:59

    Welcome to HEF bobcatrg! :drinkup

  2. #2atgreene2007-11-06 12:40

    Welcome to HEF! Always good to see brothers here.