First off, long time reader, first time poster. :drinkup:drinkup:drinkup I have been cruising Craigslist for a while and I know there are scammers out there with OBVIOUS scams, but I couldn't resist this one! Here is the original post: I thought I would share the inner contradictions within the emails, not to mention NEVER answering my questions! My original email: "Her" response: My response: "Her" response(I love the constant contradiction in the "Protection Services" not to mention the "depot" in SLC!): Now I am stuck between toying with this guy and dropping it. I am also tempted to pass this along to any authority that handles it. I thought some of you might enjoy a laugh at this! Dan
thats funny.. i listed our tahoe on craigslist and received no ligit emails, just junk ones trying to get me to go to several different sites from insurance to price quotes... and calls from 4 different companies that want me to pay them $400-500 to list it for me.... thats the last time i will list anything on that site!!!
There's a forum for people who mess with scammers. http://thescambaiter.com/
These scammers get dummer all the time.A dealer would probaly buy that tractor for that low price.And since when does e-bay ship items.Plus not let you pick it up if you want.Go ahead play some more and have some fun.
I inquired about a tractor on craigslist that I thought was a local tractor about 10k below value. They must have some loop-hole in the ebay purchase program to scam your money. To good to be true usually is. Copy of the email sent to me is below. Hello there, First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my tractor. The 2004 John Deere 4310 is still available and the price of $4,400.00 includes all the shipping costs and insurance, so you won't have to pay any extra charges. The tractor has 32hp, 4WD, looks and works like new and it will come with all the attachments and the original manuals. It only has 264 pampered hours on it. I'm selling at a low price because I have opened a farm two years ago in Ocala, FL but it is not working anymore and I decided with my partner to cover some money by selling all the units that we have. The tractor will be shipped from here through Dependable Auto Shippers and it will take around 3-4 working days. The transaction will be done through eBay Purchase Protection Program for our own protection and you have 15 days to inspect the tractor upon arrival with no obligation to buy. I hope that you will understand my situation. Please get back to me and let me know if you are interested in the purchase. Many thanks, Barbara Hove P.S. More photos of my tractor and attachments: http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz45/barbarahove/
If there is a way to get back at these scammers or make it miserable for them, I would like to know. I had a item on Craigs list for sale. I got a e-mail from some one saying they would like to purchase the item and would send me a check and extra money for shipping and would have a truck come by and pick it up. I could smell stink. I said ok, they mailed me a check, drawn on a well known co. I called the co. and they said it was fraud, which I knew it was. I just wanted them to lay out a few dollars in having it Fed, exed to me. Naturally I never sent the item and they got pretty nasty. The post mark was from Alanta, GA. but wanted the merchandise delivered to South Carolina. I simple filed a complaint with the local police dept. (probably went in file 13) Told them my dog ate the check and I needed another one. Never heard any more from them. Seems like the law enforcement could shut these things down if they wanted too, especially when they give you their name and address. Since these people have your e-mail address it bothers me. I really dont want to set up fake accounts.
I read where a woman was selling a horse trailer.Got e mail this guy would send check for twice the asking price.The other half of the money she was to send to his shipper.One of her checks that is.She played this fool.It was costing him around $23 to send fake check by Fed Ex.I think she conned him into sending about four before she told him Gotcha Sucker.She also used a rental box at the Post Office.