Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another new M grader

EGS ยท 2010-06-14 16:19

A picture of our new 140M grader.

Replies22
  1. #1cummins052010-06-16 01:31

    Nice Blade Man wish I could get back in a grader!!

  2. #2JTL2010-06-16 06:52

    Mabey in another 10 years or so I might get the chance to actually operate one of those!

  3. #3AlbertaAl2010-06-20 07:49

    Excellent machine and you will love it once you get used to running it! I operate a 160M and have about 2500 hours on it doing road maintenance for one of the counties here in Alberta. I have been operating graders for almost 30 years and would not go back to a steering wheel. The only complaint I have is the door, I get in and out a lot to set signs and it is hard to open when it is windy and if you do not push it back into the catch on the side of the grader it usually will swing back and hit me as I get in or out!! Cheers Al

  4. #4kiwicat2010-06-22 06:04

    hi from new zealand, i operate a 120m with 1300 hrs on road maintenance, it has been somewhat problematic with a new injector pump, several software downloads on steering, engine management updates, hydraulic up grades, very noisey final drive, abrupt gear changes and severe inching pedal at low revs.It appears that these machines are still evolving but still like it to operate.

  5. #5EGS2010-06-22 21:57

    I should say that I don't operate this grader (or any grader for that matter, I am a hoe guy) We have 2 M's now and the guys say they are great to run. I heard that we might get another 16M. We had the first M grader in the state when we got our 16M. We had the first D6T's in the state too. I was told that way back in the day they had the first 641's.

  6. #6JTL2010-06-23 21:14

    And as with any scraper outfit, they probally still have those 41's!! Just add new paint and an engine every few years and they are as good as new!

  7. #7EGS2010-06-23 21:55

    Actually I think they got rid of them in the 80's. We have 631G's that get used everyday and 621F's that get used when we are real busy, or as spares. This is the only place I have seen that gets so much new equipment. I heard the owner say last year that some of the 631G's were getting "too old" and he wanted to replace them. Most companies would be happy to have something that nice.

  8. #8JTL2010-06-23 22:45

    WOW, I'd be happy if we had some E models! Never even seen a G, other than a 623 we rented for a week just a couple months ago. We only have one H model blade, and its a whimpy little 140.

  9. #9EGS2010-06-24 21:46

    Well come on over this way and I might be able to hook you up with a job in one of those G's

  10. #10JTL2010-07-01 22:32

    Dont tempt me!:drinkup

  11. #11cummins052010-07-08 11:50

    Looks like my wish came true after I renew my first aid and H2s I will be in a Volvo and or deere. Doing road maint for 600km of logging and oil and gas roads

  12. #12Grader4me2010-07-08 12:26

    Hey! congratulations! Post some pics of your grader if you have a chance!

  13. #13cummins052010-07-08 17:05

    I will do I am so happy to be leaving the gravel crusher for a grader some hoe work to but full time grader op is my title. I will get pics of her as soon as I get to the job!

  14. #14DEERE310SG2010-09-04 15:30

    I saw one nice looking grader.

  15. #15YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-04 16:15

    Sweet Machine! I think they do a whole lott better with the pushblock on the front though, but it looks like yours will be doing finish work for the most part. Make sure they get your articulation sensor calibrated right.

  16. #16old jack2010-10-09 00:20

    they look funny with no rippers. old jack. first post, hi all

  17. #17raolela2010-10-31 10:17

    nice machine...

  18. #18ledsel2010-10-31 19:20

    Quote;I should say that I don't operate this grader (or any grader for that matter, I am a hoe guy Hay!! We have a Hoe just down the street! Woops, sorry wrong kind. ointhead

  19. #19Stuball2010-11-02 09:08

    I am looking at purchasing a new grader but have no experience with the joystick models. Does anyone have any recommendations? I will probably choose from either a Komatsu 655-5, Cat 140M, JD770G, or the Volvo 940.

  20. #20michael james2010-11-04 03:07

    Hi Stuball I have operated a 555-5 komatsu and the JD770G at demo's, not in a typical work enviroment, and a 12 M Cat on fire tracks for 3 hours, personally l would prefer the komatsu or JD for first preference and then the cat (nothing to do with the joysticks), never been on a volvo so can't give a coment on them, only that they seem a well thought out machine.

  21. #21len7402010-11-04 18:59

    hey stuball I run a JD870g lots of power and nice machine.didnt like the volvo,the cat was cool but dont like the steering ,as we know thats another subject. bye for now!!

  22. #22Lee-online2010-11-09 21:47

    I see the new 140m series II has been released. It does have the common rail C9.3, Same as the D7E. It also has the DPF. I'll have to see what else is different.