Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anti scratch film on Lexan forestry door?

Killer Bea · 2025-05-18 07:56

Has anyone used any of the anti scratch films on their forestry doors? I just bought a new skid steer for mulching and want to protect the door as much as possible. I know it won’t prevent all scratches but would it help? Would it do any harm? Thanks in advance

Replies6
  1. #1Vetech632025-05-18 08:22

    I started replacing broken glass doors on Deere skids a few years ago because they were constantly breaking the glass. Deere offered a Lexan replacement door with all the hardware, so I started using those. They are a lot more durable, and I never had to replace one after the switch. I do remember the Lexan door being more than double the price of the standard glass door.

  2. #2Killer Bea2025-05-18 08:56

    Vetech63, Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that it has the Lexan door. I just want to do whatever I can to keep it as nice as possible for as long as possible

  3. #3ianjoub2025-05-18 09:56

    They use a vinyl wrap or clear bra on cars. It can be removed down the road with no paint damage on cars. You could ask about applying on lexan. It is basically a thick clear window tint. I have it on the front of my Ferrari. It is tough!

  4. #4HarleyHappy2025-05-19 09:31

    They make slip sheets that just rip off when scratched. Whether you can find a size that fits, I’m not sure. It’s that clear bra stuff, it’s like a heavy clear wrap. Tey used to sell it in like a 10 pack that you would put on windshields for racing and when screwed up, you would just rip the top sheet off.

  5. #5Killer Bea2025-05-19 09:37

    I emailed 3M about their protective films. They didn't recommend them for plastic because the plastic can off gas and cause issues. Thank you for all of your recommendations.

  6. #6DDoug2025-05-19 09:52

    Why not a thin sheet of Lexan or Plexiglass applied on front ?